- About Walmart
- Methods of Application
- How You Can Apply
- Types of People
- Miscellaneous Information
Facts and Figures :
This company is an American-based multinational corporation that operates by selling customers a wide variety of merchandise at a very low price. It is the world’s second largest corporation out of those that are publically traded, and the biggest private employer, giving jobs to over two million people. The corporation is still largely family owned, and the founding family, the Waltons, still owns just under 50% of company shares. The headquarters is in Bentonville, Arkansas. The retailer sells a variety of low price merchandise in a variety of departments, including health and beauty; men’s, women’s, children’s, and babies’ clothes; accessories items such as jewelry, watches, hats, scarves, gloves, purses, and wallets; toys and games; furniture; sporting equipment; swimwear; and even groceries. The corporation also owns a related business called Sam’s Club, which is a warehouse retailer that sells items in bulk for an overall savings.
|Services||Departmental Store and Retailer Company|
|Total Locations||8,970 Stores|
|Main Office||Bentonville, AR|
|Total Revenue||446 Billion|
Methods Of Application :
One of the ways to apply is to go online to main site and click on the careers link at the bottom of the page. To apply online all you need is access to a computer and an internet connection. If you have all your information, such as employment and education history, on hand when you apply it will only take a few short minutes.
In Person :
If you do not have access to a computer you should visit the store location at which you would like to work. You can ask a manager for a paper application and fill it out on the spot. If you are willing to work at more than one location you should fill out applications at every store at which you are seeking employment. Make sure you have all the necessary information, such as where you have worked, where you went to school, and references, on hand so that the application process will be quick and easy. The manager may ask you to interview on the spot or may choose to give you a call at an alternate time to set up an appointment to conduct an interview.
How To Submit Your Information:
- To Apply online click on the on the button “Apply Online” button at this page , you can get this button at the right top corner.
- the home page of the job site you can see a great deal of information, including information about internships, training programs, opportunities for members of the military, and even blog posts. To begin, click on the button next to the search bar.
- Toward the left side of the screen you will see a list of all available jobs, listed with the title, location, and posting date on display. Toward the right side of the screen you will see an opportunity to conduct a search by entering in criteria. Select criteria by indicating your state and country, your city, your desired job category, and any relevant keywords. Once you click go you will be able to see a more selective list of jobs that will specifically interest you.
- Click on any of the jobs to view more information. Read over the position type, summary, minimum qualifications, job role, and location. If you think you could fulfill the duties and responsibilities and the position is interesting to you then you should apply. You can do so by clicking on the apply button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the apply button again on the next page and then log in to you career account by entering your username and password. If you have never been to the site before and don’t have an account, click on the link to create a username and password and register your information. From here you will be able to enter in all your credentials and submit them for review.
Background Check :
By submitting an application you are allowing to conduct a background check on you. Your acceptance to the position will be contingent on you passing this check to the satisfaction of the hiring managers.
Types Of People They Are Looking For :
This Company is always in need of dedicated and motivated individuals who can bring something unique to the job. The corporation does not discriminate and is an equal opportunity employer. They need people who are skilled in a wide variety of areas and will hire people for certain positions (such as retail associate) who have no experience, while others (such as positions at corporate) require college degrees and multiple years of relevant experience.
Age Limitations :
Each position comes with a unique set of qualifications which may affect the age you can be to apply. For example, if the job requires a bachelor’s degree you will most likely need to be at least 21 to apply. Entry level positions, such as retail associate, are available to people under the age of eighteen. If you are a minor and wish to work at here make sure you can present a manager with verification of your ability to work in your state.
Dashboard For Job Seekers:
|Employees||2.2 Million plus (Currently)|
|Awards For Employee||Awards|
|Enhancement On Application||Yes|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||With In One Week|
Company History :
The company was founded in 1962 by a man named Sam Walton. He was a former J. C. Penney employee who ventured out on his own by opening the first store in Rogers, Arkansas. It grew from the 1980s and into the 1990s, moving from a regional retailer to a company with national recognition. Today there are 8,500 stores in fifteen countries, sometimes operating under alternative names. International markets include the United Kingdom, Puerto Rico, Mexico, and Japan.
The founder of the corporation is Sam Walton and the business has stayed in the hands of the Walton family ever since its birth. S. Robson Walton is the current chairman and Mike Duke is the current CEO and president. So far in the fiscal year 2013 the company has earned a revenue of $469 billion, an operating income of $27 billion, a net income of $16 billion, has total assets of $203 billion, and a total equity of $76 billion.