For each particular job, specific education background and skills are required. Most of the retailer jobs at Citi Trends need that an employee should have good interpersonal skills as he has to interact with the customers all the time and customers may have many questions related to the products and their prices. In that case, a person who has high tolerance level and intention to help his customers is required.
Read More: Get Citi Trends Job Application Online
- At corporate level, an applicant must have a Bachelor’s Degree with the communication skills and ability to analyze. Apart from that, he must be efficient with the computer and Microsoft Office specially.
- If you want to apply for the position of a District Manager, then you will be required to have a Bachelor’s degree along with the experience of at least 5 years in that particular field.
- To get employed at the Help Desk position will require an Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum experience of 2 years
- A Distribution Center Supervisor position will require a High School diploma or GED and 2 years of related training or experience.
- A Distribution Center Processor who has a seasonal role and there are few specific requirement for him for example the ability to hear and speak, the ability to lift up to 25 pounds, and the ability to stand for long periods of time.
After the application process in which an application form is submitted either online or by visiting a Citi Trend store, next step is to prepare yourself for the interview.
- For an entry level job, interview consists of only a single meeting with the hiring manager. This interview is for a period of around 30 to 40 minutes.
- If the applicant is able to clear the interview, he will then have a drug test and his background with the old employers is also considered.
- Those who apply for the job at managerial level have to face a lengthy process of interview as compared to the entry level employees.
- Before face to face interview, an interview on telephone is done for the screening of the employees in order to know about the background of the applicant and his availability for the face to face interview and a full time job.
- After that, they may have to appear in either a one-on-one interview or a group interview.
- Why do you want to work for Citi Trends?
- Why should you be hired for this job?
- Have you already worked for any retailer?
- Where do you see yourself in next 5 years?
- Give an example that you ever did well for a customer beyond expectation?
- Give an example of a time you helped two employees overcome a conflict?
- Describe a time a coworker wanted you to bend the rules and you knew it was wrong. What did you do?
- Tell us about your availability?
- Can you assure your availability for flexible time periods?
Before going for the interview, some tips may be useful in getting you that position. These tips include;
- You should know about the history of the company and the products it is selling.
- A mock interview will help you a lot that might be taken by anyone.
- It is very important to reach for the interview on time. This shows that you are a punctual and not a careless person.
- Business casual dressing should be followed to show a professional appearance to the interviewer.
- Give to the point answers instead of making stories in front of him.
- Say thanks to the hiring person after the interview directly or through an email.
- Smoking should be avoided when going for the interview.