Dick’s sporting goods, which is simply known as Dick’s, offers a number of sports related equipment all over the United States of America at retail prices. This company has its head quarter located in Pennsylvania, U.S. This company has more than 550 outlets located in 46 different states of the country and is one of the companies whose name is mentioned in the Fortune 500 magazine. The company started working in the year 1948 when Richard Dick started the first of its outlets in the age of 18 years. Initially, the company’s business grew in eastern region of the country. The business expanded to other areas of the country after the passage of a few years.
Read More: Find Dick’s Sporting Goods Job Application
Hiring Procedure At Dick’s Sporting Goods:
You can apply at Dick’s sporting goods using two different procedures:
- Applying through the online web portal of this company
- Applying by submission of a printed application form at the outlet where you want to work
After the short listing of the applications, the candidates are called for an interviewing process which may consist of a single interview or 2 to 3 interviews based on the requirements of the job position. This interview may be carried out by a panel of interviewers or a single hiring manager.
Common Questions Asked During The Interviewing Process:
Some of the questions that are generally asked during the interviewing procedure in this company are given in the sequence which is listed below:
- Why do you want to apply for this job opportunity?
- Introduce yourself and tell us about your previous work experience.
- What is your response in case if you have to handle an angry customer or have to answer any of its complaints?
- What would be your response in case if you have to deal with an emergency situation in the company outlet?
- How would you respond in case if any of the team members is stealing something from the company’s property?
- Have you ever been a part of any sports or outdoor activities?
- Have you used any products manufactured by this company?
- Why do you feel enthusiastic about this job and what are your expectations from this company?
- Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What are your best qualities and will you be able to handle fast paced situations in the store?
- Will you be able to welcome a person who is having problem finding a sporting good according to his requirements?
- What sports are you interested in?
- Do you have any experience related to offering services to the customers?
- What were your experiences related to the sales of different products and goods?
- Will you be able to work at weekends and provide extra services in case if you are needed?
- Demonstrate a situation when you have to sell a baseball product?
The interviewing process may take about 10 minutes and may consist of different technical and marketing questions as well. The candidates, who are observed to present themselves in a professional and confident way, have greater chances of selection.