- Company History
- Different Application Methods
- Detailed Guide on Applying Online
- Who is Family Dollar Hiring?
- Business History
Company History :
Leon Levine was just twenty one when he founded the first discount retail location in the late 1950s. Most of the first locations were opened on the southeastern coast of the United States, in the Carolinas as well as in Virginia and Georgia. Roughly ten years after its beginning the company went public, and about a decade after that it was added to the New York Stock Exchange. By the 1980s there were over five hundred locations, and the region of coverage had expanded to include more than just the eastern coast. More recent years have seen not just continual construction of new stores, but also of additional distribution centers to accommodate the ever-increasing movement of merchandise.
Leadership And Company Overview :
This regional chain operates as a discount retailer of a variety of merchandise, including food and snacks, housewares, clothing item for all genders and age groups, decorations, arts and crafts, kitchenware, party supplies, gifts and gift wrap, and miscellaneous items. There are over 7,000 locations that operate in the majority of U.S. states, including in Washington D.C. Although the name implies that all items can be purchased for one dollar, this does not hold true for the company. That being said, all items are offered at a discount price and most items can be purchased for less than ten dollars. The company’s headquarters is in North Carolina, and between corporate, distribution, and retail venues, the retailer employs approximately fifty thousand people. Leon Levine was the founder and Howard R. Levine is the current CEO and chairman.
Some Facts About Company:
|Total Locations||More Than 4400|
|Main Office||Chesapeake, VA|
|Total Revenue||$5.2 Billion|
Different Application Methods :
The easiest way to apply is by going online to Main site URL mentioned below. Then go down under the “Family Dollar Corporate” heading and click on the one marked “Careers.” Note that you will need to have an internet connection, as well as a computer, to successfully complete an application online. If it is possible, try to make sure you have regular access to these resources so you can log back in later and check on your application or research new positions.
Going Into A Store:
Another option you have is to go into a store and request an application from a store associate. He or she may go get the manager or supervisor so that you can ask questions. Be prepared, as the manager may ask you some questions as well and may even request that you participate in an interview right on the spot. The more you know about the company and the position or positions, to which you would like to apply, the more successful you will be during your interview.
As you fill out the application, you will notice that it asks questions related to your work history, education level, and skills, in addition to some general information about yourself. You may also be asked to provide contact numbers for people you would like to list as personal or professional references. Try to prepare by gathering the details for your application beforehand. This will ensure that you can complete the application in a prompt and efficient manager and spend more time focused on the manager and asking/being asked questions.
Detailed Guide On Applying Online :
- Click on “Apply Online” button present at the page here.
- On the resulting web page you will see a plethora of information about careers with the corporation, such as work culture, team member benefits, and synopses on different job categories, such as store, distribution center (DC), or corporate careers.
- To apply for a job in a store, click on the link either to the left side of the page or near the bottom under the image. You can then select to either search for store level, district level, or regional level opportunities.
- To apply for a job at a distribution center, click on the link and then choose between management and hourly opportunities.
- For any of these job categories you will be taken to a page where you can conduct a search. Enter in information such as pertinent keywords, your desired job field, and your location. Your results will appear below, and you can click on any to view more information.
- To apply for corporate careers, click on the link and then select the job category that most interests you, such as accounting, corporate communications, or human resources. The jobs available within that department will appear on the next page.
- Once you have found a job, read over all the descriptions, summaries, qualifications, responsibilities, and other requirements so you are prepared for what will be expected of you. Also make sure that you are eligible for the position and have adequate experience and/or education.
- When you are ready, click the button to apply online. You will have to create a username and password to continue. Doing so will allow you to log back in later, research other positions, and apply for additional jobs.
Who Is Family Dollar Hiring?
Family Dollar seeks to hire motivated, talented, hardworking individuals from a diverse set of backgrounds. As an equal opportunity employer it does not discriminate on characteristics of identity, religion, gender, orientation, race, ethnicity, or culture.
At what age the company will hire you depends in large part on the position. Upper level jobs require additional skills, experience, and education that people in high school or just out of high school do not have. For store jobs, such as those at the retail level, minors can consider applying. If you are under the age of eighteen and wish to apply, make sure you double check the laws on underage working in your state. You will also need to obtain proof that you can legally work in your state.
Job Seekers Overview:
|Current Opportunities||9783 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||No|
|Enhancement On Application||Yes|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||One Week|
Revenues and Other Financial Statements
In 2011 the company earned over $8 billion in revenues. In 2009 its operating income was $457 million, and in the same year net income was $291 million.