Olive Garden is and American restaurant chain of casual dining, a subsidiary of Darden Restaurants Inc. Olive Garden, a restaurant specializing in Italian American Cuisine is headquartered in Orange County, Florida. Olive Garden began its business in 1982 and snow it has over 800 restaurants at different locations.
- Minimum Age to Work: You need to be at least 16 years of age if interested in working for Olive garden.
- Hours of Operation 11:00 am – 10:00 pm (Sunday to Thursday)
- 11:00 am – 11:00 pm (Friday and Saturday)
- Job Application Form: Click Here to download
Different entry level as well as full time management level job positions are opened at Olive Garden restaurant. Those who are interested in the job can apply for their desired position either online or by downloading the printable form and submitting it to the nearest Olive Garden Restaurant.
- Host / Hostess
- Preparation Cook
- Production Cook
- Backup Cook
- Server Assistant
- Sales Person
- Link Cook
- Grill Cook
- Alley Coordinator
- Utility Worker
- Dish Machine Operator
- Service Manager
- Culinary Manager
- Sales Manager
- Restaurant Assistant Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Manager In Training
- Hosts at the Olive Garden are mostly hired at the part time and have the responsibilities of greeting the customers and arranging seats for them. They are responsible for answering the calls and take reservations.
- Servers have to provide the customers at their tables an excellent level of hospitality. Their duty is to answer the questions of the customers which they ask regarding the dishes of the restaurant. It is their job to deliver and serve the food according to the order given by the customers.
- Another entry level or part time job position is of a Busser whose duties include to maintain and clean the dining area, lobbies and service areas. Further duties add setting of the tables, restocking and assisting the servers in delivering the orders.
- Cooks are engaged in preparing food as required and ordered by the customers and the taste of the food should not spoil the expectations of the customers. Cooks should also keep in mind the standards of the food in terms of safety and sanitization.
- A Bartender has the main responsibility of providing the customers with good services and is involved in the responsibilities like mixing, garnishing, and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. He has to guide the customers about the menu and in making selection from that. Stocking of bar area and keeping it clean is also his responsibility.
- A Restaurant Manager hires the new employees and also trains them. He keeps a check and balance over the activities of the restaurant and prepare the schedules as well. Manager evaluates the performances of the employees individually as well as in the team and ensures that customer satisfaction is not being compromised. All the administrative work and preparation of sales record and interaction with the corporate department are done by the Restaurant Manager.
Salaries and Benefits
- Hosts get the minimum wage rate at the beginning and after spending some time in serving the company can earn them more than that.
- Bussers can receive a maximum hourly pay of $8.00.
- Servers can get the salary between $8.00 and $12.00 an hour depending on the performance and experience they have.
- A cook who has the main responsibility of preparing the food can earn between $9.00 and $14.00 per hour.
- Bartenders who start at the minimum wage rate can reach up to $12.00 earnings per hour.
- A Restaurant Manager earns annually and begins at $35,000 while a maximum salary with the experience can be $100,000.
- In addition to the pays, other benefits like medical and health benefits, retirement plans, flexible working hours, discounts on meals and insurances are also available.