Kohl’s Corporation is a departmental store retail chain which began its operations in United States in 1946. The company was started with a super market and later in 1962, first departmental store was opened. Its headquarters are in Milwaukee suburb of Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin and it has been providing services to its customers through almost 1200 stores located in 49 states. Such number of stores require employees on continuous basis and therefore, employment opportunities are provided to the young entry level employees to begin their career with the company.
- Minimum Age to Work: You should have at least 16 years of age to work for Kohl’s.
- Hours of Operation: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm (Monday – Friday), 8:00 am – 11:00 pm (Saturday), 9:00 am – 9:00 pm (Sunday)
- Open Job Positions:
Different job positions remain available where interest candidates can apply for the employment to provide satisfactory services to the customers and to run the operations of the company in a smooth manner. Employees are the one who are representing the company and dealing with the customers on behalf of it. Therefore company is always looking for the employees who have a pleasant behavior and friendly attitude so that the customers may not have any complain about the way of interaction of the employees. These are few job positions which are available to apply;
- Sales Associate
- Ad Set Associate
- Children’s Sales Associate
- Footwear Sales Associate
- Home Collections Sales Associate
- Customer Service Associate
- Freight Associate
- Loss Prevention Officer
- POS Associate
- Replenishment Merchandising Associate
- Sales Supervisor
- POS Credit Greeter
- Administrative Assistant
- Beauty Associate
- Beauty Specialist
- Housekeeping Associate
- Maintenance Technician
- Maintenance Mechanic
- Store Associate
- Housekeeping Specialist
- Sales Specialist
- Call Center Customer Service Associate
- Quality Assurance Supervisor
- Security Technical Analyst
- Store Planner
- Assistant Manager
Duties and responsibilities vary according to the job position. Entry level employees are not required to have any past experience, they can start as part timers and gradually with their performance they can go at the higher level. Management level positions require persons having experience of at least 2 to 3 years with highs school degree.
- Cashiers are the entry level employees who are involved in the processing of the purchases made by customers. Responsibilities include collection of payments from the customers and maintaining the cash register. They are also responsible for the bagging of the merchandise.
- Sales associates are engaged in the assistance of the customers during the purchases they make on the floor. It is their duty to maintain the stocks and ensure the availability of the stock to the customers. So it is the part of duties to display everything in a right, clean and well organized manner and ensure that the shortage of stock does not occur.
- Store Managers who must have leadership skills are involved in leading the employees of the store. The responsibilities of their hiring and training belong to the store managers. Managers have to control the daily operations of the store and evaluate the performances of the employees. They have to make sure that the operations are running smoothly and customers remain satisfied.
- Assistant Managers also perform similar duties and help the managers in achieving the goals of the company. They also assist the lower level employees and supervise them.
- Cashiers are hired at the minimum wage rate and later their pay scale can reach up to $9.00 per hour.
- Sales Associates who continuously have to communicate with the customers can make between $8.00 and $10.00 an hour.
- Assistant Managers can earn annually around $50,000 and store Managers are able to earn up to $85,000 per year.