Piggly Wiggly is a supermarket which has been working in the Midwestern and southern areas of United States. It started its operations in 1916 in Memphis, Tennessee as a self-service grocery store.Currently it has been providing its services through more than 600 stores in 17 states.
Piggly Wiggly is offering jobs at its stores which may be part time as well as on permanent basis. The positions which are available Piggy Wiggly include; Store manager, assistant manager, bagger, Warehouse worker, cashier, service clerk, bakery clerk, stock clerk, meat cutter, co-manager, IT business analyst, data architect, cake decorator, produce clerk, human resource coordinator department manager and dell clerk.
If you have interest in any of the position, you can simply apply online for it if you do qualify for it. You can apply for the job at Piggy Wiggly by visiting its career portal which is given bellow. Once you are done with the application process you will be called by the manager within a week for the interview which is conducted at the store location of the Piggy Wiggly. The interview is of informal kind. Mostly a single interview is there to ask you questions which are related to you and your past experience. First you get a call on telephone through which you face to face interview will be scheduled.A normal interview at Piggy Wiggly is of about 15 to 20 minutes. Persons applying for different positions will be asked different kind of questions for example a clerk may be asked that how much weight he can lift easily and for the managerial level, questions related to the problem solving during his previous experience are asked.
Questions Asked in the Interview:
- What do you know about Piggy Wiggly?
- Why do you want to work for Piggy Wiggly?
- How will you define your personality?
- How well can you work with a team? Does it comfort you or create problems for you?
- According to you, what is the definition of Customer Service?
- How can you provide your customer good service?
- If a customer’s behavior is rude with you, can you handle him/her?
- How do you manage a situation with your colleagues if you are unable to work with them?
- If your co-worker is involved in some kind of immoral activity like stealing and you have seen him doing so, what will you do then?
- Have you ever faced a problem with your manager? How did you manage that problem?
- Tell me any poor or wrong decision you made in the recent time.
- What do you about personal development?
- What have you accomplished till now?
Tips for the Interview
- You should always be on time otherwise you will give a lazy and careless impression to your interviewer.
- You must do some research about Piggy Wiggly to know about its history and its working. This will create an impression on the interviewer which could help you to be preferred over the other applicants.
- Do not smoke before the interview.
- When the interview is done, say thanks to the interviewer through an email for his time.
- You appearance matters a lot. Business casual dressing and a clean haircut is must.
- Bring resume with you and keep a pen and a paper with you to note important points. This also impresses the interviewer that you are person who cares about the necessary things.
Apply for a job: www.pigglywigglystores.com/Careers.html
Job Application: http://printjobapplication.com/print-piggly-wiggly-job-application/