Rue21 which is an American brand gives clothes and accessories for men and women at discounted rates. Rue21 is based in Pittsburghsuburb of Warrendale, Pennsylvania and it targets the young people mostly of age between 11 and 17. Rue21 started its business in 1976 with the name “Pennsylvania Fashions Inc.” and now it has been running around 800 stores in different parts of the country.
Rue21 always targets to keep a good number of employees to perform all the functions well. Rue21 looks for the qualified employees at the management level and the corporate office while entry level employees ae welcomed by the company to build their careers. Rue21 asks the people who are interest to join its team by offering job positions in different categories. The job positions include Cashier, Retail Clerk, District Manager, Store Planning Assistant, Store Manager, Assistant Store Manager, Brand Manager, Procurement Manager, Business Analyst and Operations Assistant.
Candidates can apply online for the position in which they are interested or need it, through the main website of the company which is given below and search the job in their desired area by visiting its career portal.
- Rue21 looks for the employees who can work in a team. Being a good team member can help to be remained at the job for longer period.
- Attitude of the applicant matters a lot during the interview. He should show respect to the interviewer and answer politely.
- Communication skills are focused the most. They always find the persons with excellent communication skills and for that the applicants may be tested by giving them a situation or applicants may be asked to sell something to the interviewer.
- An interview at Rue21 is of informal kind which may last for around 15 to 20 minutes. Interviews for the job at retailers are conducted by Store Managers or the Assistant Managers which are mostly one-on-one interviews in a casual way. You should even wear casually and something which is in fashion to be preferred over other applicants.
- Sometimes group interviews may be conducted as well for the screening of the applicants. Group interviews may be long which may take one hour to complete the session.
- If the interviews are for the management jobs, then it would be in a formal way and questions about the applicant’s education and previous work experience are asked. Your attire for that job category should also be business casual.
Interview Questions which are Mostly Asked:
- Tell us that what kind of person you are?
- Why do you think you will be suitable for this job at Rue21?
- What do you know about Rue21?
- Do you know about its products?
- Do you use its products?
- Do you have any previous experience at a retailer?
- How would you define customer service?
- How would you help your customer shopping at Rue21 store?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Do you think you have leadership skills?
- How can you handle a situation of issue between your co-workers?
- Can you handle a rude customer? Give any past example.
- Will you be able to do a full time job?
- Company can require you to work at weekends or holidays sometime. Can you assure you availability?
Tips for the Interview:
- You should some homework about the company and its products.
- Do some practice for the interview at home.
- Be confident and answer the questions completely and concisely.
- You can get the job if you show that you are an enthusiastic person.
- Arrive on time for the interview.
- Maintain an eye contact with the interviewer.
- Show that you are interested in the job
- Say Thanks to the interviewer after the interview through email.
interview Tips : www.rue21.com/store