Smart & Final is an American brand which is involved in a business related to warehouse style food and supply stores which started its operations in 1871 in Los Angeles. Currently its head quarter is in Commerce, California and providing its services through 250 stores in the Western United states and Northern Mexico. The company was a result of a series of mergers and expansions.
Different kinds of positions are offered at the retail stores of the Smart & Final as well as at its corporate offices. You can get the job at the entry level at the retail stores and after obtaining valuable work experience, you can grow and get a higher position which depends on your performance. Few positions which are offered by the company include Cashier, Key holder, Load Crew and Produce Clerk.
Application and Interview Process:
- To get the job, you will not be able to find any online way, rather you will have to find a store which is nearest to you and fill the application form there. You cannot find any application form of Smart & Final sitting at home online.
- You just need to go there with your resume and fill the application form and submit it along with the resume and wait for the interview call. Generally within a week or twice, call for the interview is received. In case of no call, you can also check the status of your application by calling the company.
- To get the best employees, Smart & Final has made the process of interview long. The selection of the best employees is done through more than one interviews.
Questions which are Mostly Asked in the Interview at Smart & Final
Questions in the interview are mostly related to you and your education and previous working experience. Following are the few questions which can be noted and practiced for the interview at Smart & Final.
- Describe yourself?
- What do you know about Smart & Final?
- Why do you want to work for Smart & Final?
- Have you done this kind of work before?
- Why should we pick you over another potential applicant?
- How will you rate yourself as the best person for this job?
- How long do you expect to give your services to the company?
- Share any difficulty you had and how did you manage that?
- Did you ever had any problem with your manager?
- Why did you leave your previous job?
- Was you previous work frustrating?
- What salary are you expecting?
- What previous experience do you have that can help you as an employee here?
- What are your views about working in a group? Is it beneficial or not?
- How do you react to instruction and criticism?
- Share your long term goals?
- What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- How will you define a customer service?
Instructions for the Interview:
- A list of these questions should be with you and some practice of answering the questions will give you confidence during the interview as it will help you in making your body language better.
- Business casual dressing should be done so that you may be able to present yourself in a way which would be liked by the interviewer.
- Keep a smile on your face and be active. This will impress the interviewer as he is looking for an energetic person who can handle customers with his nice behavior.
- You should always be on time otherwise you will give a lazy and reckless impression to your interviewer.
- Some research must be done on Smart & Final to know about its history and its working. To have some earlier knowledge makes you better than the other applicants.