This bookstore is the second largest retailer of literary material in the United States, with more than 250 locations throughout the majority of U.S. states, including Washington D.C. The corporate office is located in Birmingham, Alabama. The company started in the early 1900s as a simple bookstand on the corner, and today is the major book seller in all of the southeastern portion of the country. You can find products and merchandise in three different formats – at super center stores, which are large locations with the most extensive offering of goods, at units with a more traditional, limited layout, and at a new concept of newsstands. Of course you can also go to the online e-commerce site and browse from a vast selection of books, e-books, and entertainment.
Schedules vary by location, so check online for exact opening and closing times. An example of a schedule would be Monday to Saturday 9 AM to 10 PM and 11 AM to 7 PM on Sunday. You can access the online store finder resource at the link.
How To Apply For Work?
It’s easy and convenient to apply for a career at this company just from using your computer! Follow these step-by-step instructions to submit your qualifications for consideration.
- Start by clicking on the careers link on the main site, or go straight to link at the bottom page.
- First, click to search for jobs and apply online. If you find that you can’t find a position that is a good fit, you can always send in your resume to be reviewed for any future job openings.
- Type in your location, desired organization and job field, and enter in any relevant keywords in order to conduct the search.
- Your search results will show up and you can browse the opportunities. Click on any positions that appeal to you. Review the summaries and requirements to ensure that you can complete the responsibilities effectively. If so, click to apply online.
- To continue, sign into your account or create a profile. In doing so you can work on, save, and submit your application once it has been finalized. After you send in your application and/or resume you simply need to wait for someone to call you!
For most positions you need to be at least 18 years old in order to be employed with the company.
Benefits For Working:
Why work at a store? First and foremost, because of the dynamic environment, the exciting opportunities, and the room for growth and learning! You can meet tons of people and work with likeminded individuals who share your passion for books. Everyone will be compensated at competitive rates and offered store discounts on merchandise. Some positions, especially those in management, might offer additional features, such as paid vacation time. Even if you start at an entry level position, if you work hard and dedicate your time and efforts to the store, you can find yourself moving through the ranks in no time!
- Official Site: www.booksamillion.com/
- Apply Now: www.booksamillioninc.com/careers.html
- Store Locator: www.booksamillion.com/storefinder?id=5690494363034