This is an amusement park that operates under two locations in America and is owned by the same company that operates SeaWorld, the marine mammal and water park. One location is in Virginia and the other is in Florida. There used to be parks in California and Texas as well, but these locations have closed. The theme park was originally created as an advertisement for Anheuser-Busch and provided samples of beer products and featured the famous Clydesdale horses. Since that time, back in the 1930s, thrill rides, roller coasters, game booths, and entertainment venues were added to attract more customers and offer additional perks to the park. At the Florida location visitors can additionally benefit from attractions that feature wild animals, such as cheetahs, kangaroos, and gorillas.
Submitting Job Application:
Working at a theme park can be a lot of fun and allows you to have a flexible schedule and seasonal work. Employees at the park have a number of different jobs, from operating gaming stations to working in the corporate office.
- If you want to submit a job application, you can start the process by going to main site mentioned below. You can read a synopsis about both the Williamsburg and Tampa parks, which have European and Serengeti themes, respectively. At the bottom of the page, click on the small link that says “Jobs.”
- Watch the video on career opportunities to get a good idea of what you can expect from employment by this company. Then, on the left hand side of the screen, enter in criteria to conduct a search.
- Enter in information such as relevant keywords, the desired state, city, and park, job category, and job status. When you are ready, hit the search button.
- You will see the results listed with the role, location, and type of work (seasonal or full time) on display. Click on any of the job titles to view more information.
- Read over the job description and requirements to ensure that you can fulfill all the necessary duties. If, after you have familiarized yourself with the position, you would like to apply, select the button at the bottom of the screen. Note: you must check the box indicating that you have thoroughly read the job description before you can continue.
- Read over the instructions on the following page. You will need fifteen to thirty minutes to complete the application and will need certain information on hand, such as your social security number and names and addresses of any schools you attended.
- When you are ready, hit “Begin.” Follow the onscreen guide to complete the application and submit it for review. If you are a qualified candidate, a representative from the company will get in touch with you for an interview.
The park does hire minors to work in some positions within the park. If you are under the age of eighteen and plan to submit an application, please have legal proof of your ability to work in either Virginia or Florida on hand.
Park Operating Hours:
The hours that the two theme parks are open will depend on the time of year, day of the week, and schedule of park events. Check the calendar on the website to find opening and closing times for specific days.
Official Site: www.buschgardens.com