Delia’s is a clothing and accessories retailer that primarily caters to girls and young women aged fourteen to nineteen. Some of the clothing items are also popular among college-aged women. Merchandise items include shirts, pants, dresses, skirts, jackets, blazers, swimsuits, accessories, shoes, makeup, and furniture. The style of apparel varies based on brand and target audience, but is generally considered to be affordable. There are over one hundred stores that together employ over two thousand one hundred employees. It was founded in the early 1990s and is headquartered in New York City. The company is owned by Alloy, Inc. which provides an additional brand for the clothing company.
Submitting An Application For Work:
Have you ever thought about working at Delia’s? If you have an interest in girls’ fashion, think you would enjoy working in a retail environment, or would like to be a part of a national chain, you may want to consider a career with this company.
- To get started, visit official site. You will see that this online site also serves as an opportunity for customers to internet shop, and much of the site is dedicated to ecommerce. At the bottom of the page there are a number of links listed in categories. Under “About Us” click on “Careers.”
- You can read a little more about the company and then choose to see more information about either retail or corporate careers. Click on whichever link describes the type of job you would like to have.
- There are a number of retail jobs you could have, including store manager, fashion representative, or seasonal stock. To apply for management jobs, click on the link, which will take you to the job search engine monster.com. From here you can view available positions and follow the onscreen instructions to submit an application. Note that you will need to create a monster.com account to apply.
- To apply for a part-time retail position, click on the link to download an application. Print it, fill it out, and take it into a nearby location. You can use the online store locator to find stores in your area.
- Corporate careers include those at the corporate office in New York and distribution center jobs, which are located in Pennsylvania. To apply for a distribution center job, fax your resume to the number on the screen or mail it to the address listed.
- Click on the link to view openings at the corporate headquarters. This will also take you to the monster.com site, where you can sign in or create an account to see what is available and submit an application.
- Someone will be in touch with you once they have had a chance to review your application. You may need to participate in one or more interviews before you are offered a spot in the company.
Requirements will vary based on the position, including limitations regarding age. If you plan to apply as a minor, make sure you can provide proof of your legal ability to work in your state. If you need clarification or have questions, call a store and ask to speak with a manager.
Hours of operation vary based on location. Since most stores are in shopping malls, opening and closing times will depend on the restriction of the mall in which the store is located. Use the online store finder to search for stores in your area and see hours and other information.
Official Site: www.delias.com
Store Locator: store.delias.com/store-locator/landing.do