This business was founded in the 1940s by a man named Dick Stack. He had been working at an army surplus store but quit after a disagreement with the manager. Encouraged by his grandmother, he opened his own fishing store at just 18 years old. The first location was in New York, and within a decade he expanded the product line to include a lot of what the stores are known for today. Dick’s son purchased the stores from him and, with the help of his siblings, took the company to a whopping 500 locations. Today you can go into any one of the stores across the country and find products at the highest quality and the best value. The service is impeccable and you will find associates standing by to help you with all your needs.
What You Get When You Work?
As part of the deal, you will receive numerous rewards and perks in exchange for your hard work, time, and efforts. You will be compensated competitively and be eligible for pay increases based on merit and performance. You may also be eligible for:
- Training programs
- Health, life, and disability insurance
- Flexible schedules
- Discounts on company products
- Retirement/investment plans
- Education assistance
- Paid leave
- And more!
In addition to all this, you will be afforded a casual and friendly work environment where you will be able to meet new people, make new friends, and gain a variety of skillsets that will help you wherever your career takes you.
You generally need to be 18 or older and have a year or more of retail experience to work at here.
- 9:00am to 9:30pm Monday through Saturday
- 10:00am to 7:00pm on Sundays.
Please note that this is only a sample of a schedule. For the most accurate information regarding a location near you, visit link mentioned here to find units in your area.
How To Apply?
If you want to apply to Dick’s Sporting Goods, go to main site and navigate to the career section, or click on this link given below.
- Decide if you want a job in the store, at corporate, cashier, or with the distribution team. Click on the appropriate link after you have made your decision.
- For store careers you can select a position either as an hourly employee or in management. When you search, the results will appear posted in a list with the job title and location. Click on any of the choices to view descriptions and to apply online.
- You will also need to search for headquarters and distribution careers by typing in your location, desired job category, and any relevant keywords. Just like with store positions, the results will appear and you can click on one or more to submit an application.
- Once you have finished, simply wait for someone to contact you. If you are a qualified candidate they will call you in for an interview or other testing.
Read More: Get Dick’s Sporting Goods Job Interview Tips
Once you are hired you will be well on your way to an entirely new career! You can get excited knowing that you will show up to work every day and be greeted by supportive and motivating people who will drive you to achieve the very most you can.
- Official Site: www.dickssportinggoods.com
- Apply Now: www.dickssportinggoods.jobs/?&ab=Footer_Know_Careers
- Store Locator: www.dickssportinggoods.com/storeLocator/index.jsp?ab=Header_FindAStore