Famous Footwear began as a company dedicated to not only providing people with fashionable footwear, but offering a family friendly environment while providing healthy choices for living. Shoppers can go to any store or visit the online site to find shoes for all situations and activities. There are options for the active sports player and the casual, recreational wearer, for dressing up and dressing down, for winter and summer, for men, women, and children. The chain of stores is part of a larger company that has been a leading designer and marketer of a number of popular shoe brands for years.
- Monday to Saturday 10:00 am to 9:00 pm
- Sunday 11:00 am to 6:00 pm.
Some stores may have different schedules, so double check online before visiting. Note that there may also be restrictions or modifications on holidays.
Applying For A Job:
Whether it’s because you are interested in shoes and fashion or you love customer service and retail, they are glad to have you! Interesting and talented people are always needed within the company.
- If you want to start your job search, go to main site. You would do well to check out some of the products and company information first to learn about the industry into which you are applying.
- For employment information go to the careers section under “About Us” or navigate straight to the link mentioned here.
- Read over the text and look at the options at the bottom. All of them are helpful, but for now click on “retail openings.”
- Now you will be taken to the Brown Shoe website, which is the company that owns this particular chain of stores. From here you can look at retail or corporate opportunities.
- Type in your location information and search. This will provide you with all of the job postings in your area. Check off any or all those interest you and click to proceed to the registration portion.
- Read the information and then register for an account with the site, which will allow you to finalize your application and send it in for consideration and processing.
- For corporate opportunities you will go through a similar searching process and you will also need to register with the site. The only difference is that you will click “Corporate” instead of “Retail”.
- When you are finished all you have to do is wait! Someone will call you or otherwise get in touch with you to take the next steps.
You generally need to be 18 or older to be employed here.
Benefits And Rewards:
As a thank you for your work, the company rewards their employees handsomely with all sorts of benefits and perks. Of course the level of benefit you will receive will largely depend on your position within the company, but they may include all or some of the following:
- Health plans that include dental and vision options
- Additional types of life insurance, including disability
- 401k and stock purchase plans
- Paid leave
- Assistance programs and employee resources
- Discounts on merchandise!
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity for advancement!
By working hard and applying yourself to your duties, you will undoubtedly succeed with this company. No matter what you will learn a lot and be educated on the ins and outs of the business. By learning about the business you will have the chance to take on leadership roles and help others in the future!