Back when the restaurant first got started, the parents of four brothers told their sons that they either had to go to college or start a business. Well together they went with the latter, and a burger joint was opened in Northern Virginia, just outside of Washington, D.C. It quickly became the number one burger place in the area as word spread and the business gained popularity. In the early 2000s, with now the parents and five sons (or “guys”), they opened up the restaurant opportunity to franchisees, and 300 new locations popped up quickly! 20 years later the company is still growing, with over one thousand stores all around the country and even more in the works. Some have even opened in Canada!
Read More: Five Guys Job Interview Questions
Applying For A Job:
Join the fans and followers of this company and become a staff member! What better way to show just how much you love the burgers and fries they serve? Check out official site to learn all about the company and look up menu items to get a feel for the business. There are two ways to apply once you are ready.
- Visit a store near you to apply for a position within a restaurant. This might include positions like team members or shift leaders.
- Use the online store finder to discover what stores are nearest you. Don’t only inquire at the one that is the closest proximity – check out a few to see what opportunities are available to you. The store locator can be found here by this link that is present that the bottom of the page.
- When you go in, ask to speak to a manager. He or she can give you an application to fill out, give you more information, and answer all your questions.
- The manager might interview you right then or call you back later. Either way, you will be notified as each stage of the hiring process progresses.
Read More: Get Five Guys Career Areas
- If you are looking to apply for a corporate position at the home offices, you can submit your resume and cover letter to the email address provided. You can see the email address find out here form the mentioned link
- DO NOT email this address if you want a restaurant position. This method is only for people who are solely looking for positions within the corporate atmosphere.
- Someone will get in touch with you once your resume has been received and reviewed. For now, just sit back and wait!
Different positions will have varying requirements, not just in terms of age, but in experience and education level. To know the exact specifications, including minimum age, for the position in which you are interested, contact a manager or other representative for more information.
Monday to Saturday 11 AM to 10 PM, Sunday 11 AM to 9 PM. It might be a good idea to call first and check the hours for the exact location you are visiting, as there might be slight differences from location to location.
Why Work Here?
Well obviously, the most important reason is the satisfaction you will get from working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with supportive and successful people! Additionally you will be compensated on a regular basis, either based on hourly wages or on a predetermined salary. You will also get to eat delicious burgers and fries at a discounted price! Benefits will increase as your rank within the company increases. This is good news because there is always room for advancement! The company encourages your growth and will teach and train you to be a stellar manager and leader.