There are really two starts to this company, one in the early 1900s when the first Food City store opened, and again when the current chain began with an opening in the 1950s in Virginia. The business sustains its growth today through acquisitions, of which there have been several, including Piggly Wiggly and Winn Dixie. The store is community oriented and tries to give back to customers by providing the very best in services and prices, in addition to their philanthropic efforts. Today there are a number of the grocery stores throughout the country and it is often ranked in magazines for both its size and success.
Hours of operation for most stores are 6:00am to 12:00am, although there may be minor variations. Pharmacies have more limited hours. Check with the location nearest you or the one you shop at to get the most accurate information.
How To Apply?
It is a fun place to be employed and you will enjoy yourself immensely! Whether you have a passion for the grocery business or you just love serving customers, you can find a place with this company. Go to main site to get started.
- For corporate positions, which might include something like IT or merchandising teams, email your resume to the email address provided. Someone will contact you once your resume has been received and processed.
- For all other positions, click on the link on this page that says APPLY ONLINE.
- To start, search by inputting your location. You can either select your city and state or type your zip code.
- Click on the location you are interested in and then browse available positions. Select one that you think matches your interests and skills.
- Read the job description to ensure that this opportunity would be a good match for you. If you are satisfied, click APPLY NOW.
- Read the agreement, check off the box, and hit next.
- Now you can get started filling out your employment information. Follow the prompts on the site and fill in the details asked of you. At the end you can submit your work for consideration.
- Someone will be in touch with you if your application details match the needs and requirements of the position for which you have applied.
HINT: You can always apply for more than one position if you think you qualify. The more you apply for the more choices you have and the better chance you have of getting hired!
There are different age limitations for different positions. Some jobs may hire as young as 14 or 15, while other positions might require you to be anywhere from 16 to 21. Ask a manager if you have questions.
Benefits And Compensation:
Of course competitive compensation, and in-store discounts on products and merchandise! Most importantly you will have the opportunity to learn a lot, meet people, and be trained for future positions. If you work hard you could be promoted! The higher you go in the company the more benefits you will be offered, and the more satisfied you will be with your career! You can look forward to many chances for leadership, management, and excellence in your job.