Gap entered onto the scene in 1969 when a young couple had a simple vision of opening a new retail store. Since that day the company has expanded drastically, both through acquisitions (the corporation now operates 6 brands) and the expansion of stores through new construction. The company has grown to the point that they are now able to serve customers internationally, not just through their new brick and mortar stores, such as the recent building in China, but through e-commerce. Through the creation of the website they are able to serve shoppers in just short of 100 other countries. Within the United States there are over 3,000 locations between their six brands, and the parent company is privileged to employ well over one hundred thousand people.
Hours of operation will vary from location to location. For example, a store that is housed within a mall may have restrictions on their schedule, in comparison to a free standing location. Of course holidays may impose restricted hours as well. An example of a schedule is:
Monday – Friday: 9 AM to 8 PM
Saturday: 10 AM to 7 PM
Sunday: 12 PM to 5 PM
If you are interested in working at a retail store like the ones within this company, go to the official website, or another retail site that is affiliated with the same company. You can also check out the career page mentioned below the page. A job here is perfect for you if you are interested in retail, customer service, have a passion for fashion, or are a motivated individual looking for an exciting career path.
How Do You Apply Online?
Once you are at this site you can easily and conveniently submit your application for consideration using the internet. It is quick and simple to do a job search.
- First, select your region of the world. This will help narrow down the results based on your residence.
- Second, select your job type. Your options include:
- Store positions like sales or visual
- An entry level or leadership position within a shop
- Working at the corporate office
- Seeking employment within a distribution or call center
- The design team
- Lastly, select your more specific location within your “region.” For example, if you chose the Americas, you will have to choose which country or territory within the continent you reside in.
- The results will show you where you fit within the brand. You can further filter the results by indicating certain keywords or other job information, or you can browse based on what is indicated to be available to you.
- Once you have selected the appropriate job, click the link to apply online through you online account. Upload you resume or create new account for this purpose. It is not hard to do and the career website will walk you through everything. The next phase of the process may include interviews or other testing.
You generally need to be 18 or older to work at store.
Benefits At The Company:
- They want you to be healthy, of course! Certain positions offer medical perks like health insurance and other coverage or resources.
- There are a number of financing plans, such as mortgage assistance, 401k and stock options, and even tuition reimbursement opportunities.
- You get discounts on products, clothing, and apparel so that you can look your best all the time!
- Competitive compensation commensurate with your position that may be issued to you either on an hourly basis or within the terms of a salary.
Your benefits will increase and expand as you move up in the company. Throughout your relationship with this employer you will learn a lot about the industry and working as a team, and your education and new found experience will serve you well as you advance.