This grocery chain started way back in 1918 when three families came together and opened a store with the name of Eagle Grocery. They found success quickly and expanded to over 100 stores within the next 10 years. The families sell the company to Kroger but later join with two more families to start opening grocery retailers all over again. The company came up with many innovations throughout the following decades, such as activity centers for children and advantage cards to offer more ease and convenience. Today there are over 200 stores that together employ well over 30,000 people all over the country.
Store Hours Of Operation:
Some stores are open 24 hours a day, while others have more limited schedules. Those that have restricted timetables are generally open from 6 or 7 AM until 11 PM. To get information about the stores in your area go to link.
How To Apply For Work ?
To apply, go to CAREERS under the ABOUT US section on the main page. You can also navigate directly to mentioned link. From there:
- Click on CAREER OPPORTUNITES at the top of the screen.
- Next, select corporate jobs, or those in the retail/warehouse segment.
- For either category you can search for openings or submit your resume and CV.
- When you search for openings you can input your location, desired proximity, employment status, shift, format, area of interest, and any relevant keywords.
- When the results pop up you can view information such as the job title, location, and department all in the list. Click on any that interest you.
- Read over the summaries and list of requirements. If you can accomplish the responsibilities of this job and are interested in it, click to apply online.
- To continue, and also if you would like to submit a resume, you will need to create an account. By manufacturing a username and password you can work on and submit your application and credentials for consideration.
- After you are done, wait for everything to be reviewed and processed. Someone will notify you when a position becomes available.
At the very youngest you can apply for a position at an entry level, for example as a bagger. For these positions you only need to be 16. Certain jobs require additional qualifications any may necessitate that you be 18 or even 21 years old.
Benefits And Bonuses:
You can earn a wealth of beneficial perks and features while working at here. Exactly what you will be rewarded with depends on your position, but could include:
- A choice from many different health plans
- Prescription discounts
- Paid time off, i.e. for vacations
- Savings and spending account options
- Pension plans
- Additional insurance options
- Disability coverage
- Assistance programs and other resources
Whatever you are additionally offered, you will always be able to earn more in the way of compensation and benefits if you work hard, apply yourself, and learn all you can about the industry. Before you know it you could find yourself in a position of leadership with a satisfying and rewarding career ahead of you!