The first store was opened in 1905 in Texas and has grown into one of the largest food retailers in the country since then. The company focuses on providing impeccable service and only the freshest and safest products, all at the right price. As of 2008 there were more than 300 stores open for business, mostly in Texas. In 2010 it was even named retailer of the year by a grocer magazine. It offers all sorts of products for your cooking, pharmacy, and entertainment needs. You can order cakes or get ideas for recipes from the website. They also feel a commitment to the community and resort some of their efforts to giving back to others.
Why To Join?
Once you apply you can wait until someone contacts you to take the next steps. You may apply for more than one position or zero in on just one, depending on what your needs and qualifications are. Wherever you start, there is room to move up in the company. You can discuss your options with your manager and hopefully get pay increases and bonuses as a reward for your hard work, depending on your position. Either way you will learn a lot, meet new people, and gain skills and education that will serve you well in the grocery business.
The grocery part of the store is open every day from 6 AM to Midnight. The pharmacy has more limited hours. Most are open from 8 AM to 8 PM on weekdays, 8 AM to 6 PM on Saturday, and 10 AM to 5 PM on Sundays. When you work will be dependent upon your position but will be in these ranges.
Applying For Work:
- Go to the below mentioned link to learn more about the store.
- Click on the careers tab if you are thinking about applying for a job. A job here could be perfect for you, whether you are interested in starting a long term career as a grocer or you just want to learn more about working in this particular type of retail environment. The possibilities are endless and worth exploring.
Types Of Jobs:
- Hourly Store Jobs
- Store Management Jobs
- Corporate Jobs
- Pharmacist Jobs
- Manufacturing/Distribution/Warehouse Jobs
- There are 41 jobs in the store as well as many others in each category. You can search based on the category and what is available.
- For store jobs, select a particular section of the store or type in some keywords to find available jobs.
- For the rest, job opportunities that have been posted will show up with an indication of the store they are available at.
- Click on the job you want and, after ensuring that it is right for you by reading all the details, click to apply online. It only takes a few minutes and requires that you enter some information and history about yourself. When you are done, it will be submitted and you can sit back and wait for a phone call from a manager.
You must meet the minimum age requirements provided by law in your state. They generally hire 16 and older. Some positions might require a higher age minimum as well.
- A plethora of opportunities
- Competitive pay
- Flexible hours
- Great benefits
- Training and education to move your career forward
- Official Site : www.heb.com
- Apply Here: www.heb.com/sectionpage/about-us/company/careers/3100008