Hobby Lobby began in the early 1970s as an outgrowth of a simple idea – a miniature picture frame company. The founder had begun a small in his garage, and then later from a meager amount of retail space, the company as it’s known today was born. It is one of the largest arts and crafts specialty stores in business today, with over 500 stores across the nation. Shoppers can come to a store for any number of artistic needs, from frames and canvasses to candles and paints of every color. From the very beginning the company has founded its beliefs on basic moral and Christian principles, and to this day every store is closed on Sundays.
As was just mentioned, all stores are closed on Sundays. The rest of the week, shops are open from 9:00 am to 8:00 pm, with variations on holidays.
How To Apply?
If you are interested in picking up an application to work at here check out the website first at hobbylobby.com to read about the company and find out details about products and merchandise. If you think you could be a benefit to the team and a contributing member of the staff, check out the employment section.
- From the main website click on Career Opportunities or go to the link mentioned below.
- You can choose from several different career types/fields, including:
- Retail jobs
- Corporate opportunities
- Distribution, manufacturing, or transportation careers
- Within each of these categories you can choose from a more specific type of employment based on the position you seek. You can narrow down your search even further by selecting the appropriate job for you within the career types.
- For each job you can see the function, required skills, and benefits that the position necessitates. Once you familiarize yourself with this information if there are no issues click Apply Now.
- From here you will need to email your resume and possibly portfolio information to the address provided. Someone will contact you after receiving your email and processing all your submitted requisites.
- For this you have to login into your account or need to make new account.
Higher positions will require that you are older and have completed certain levels of education to be considered. Retail associate positions require that you contact a manager for consideration. You must be at least 16 to apply.
Benefits, Rewards, And Compensation:
All associates and staff will be compensated according to their position, either hourly or based on a salary. Additional benefits could include all or some of the following:
- Vacation and holiday pay
- 401k options
- Employee discounts
- Health care and life insurance policies
- Flexible spending accounts
- Opportunity for advancement
- Every Sunday off!
Becoming a member of the team could be the start to a career you never knew you had waiting for you. Work hard and show your loyalty and you could be further rewarded for your efforts with a promotion in no time!