Huddle House was started in the 1960s by a man named John Sparks. Looking to start a chain with a great name, he came up with the title the restaurant is known as today by observing a young boy in a football huddle. He decided that this name would be indicative of the way guests would come relax and enjoy each other’s company after sports games. His focus on the brand for the rest of his life centered on providing people hot, quality food combined with great service. When the original founder died his wife took over until the chain was sold to a private company. Today the look is nostalgic of the diners of years past, and stores are open long enough to serve people breakfast, lunch, and dinner, when you want it.
Some locations are proud to be open 24 hours a day! Other stores have more limited schedules but are still open for long hours to serve people every meal of the day. To find out opening and closing times for restaurants near you, go to link and type in your location information.
How To Apply For Work?
If so, it is easy and convenient to get information about the process online.
- Go to career link at the bottom of the home page.
- Where you go from here will depend on what type of job you are looking for. All available positions will be listed on this page.
- For jobs at the corporate office, in restaurant management, and at the distribution center, email your resume and cover letter to. Make sure to read the description of the job title or category to which you are applying to make sure it is a good fit before you send over your qualifications.
- For hourly positions, such as a server or cook, download the application by clicking on the link provided. You can also access the application by clicking on the below link.
- Take the completed application into a store you wish to work at and ask to speak to a manager. Make note of the tips provided on the downloadable PDF too – they may make the difference between whether or not you get the job!
When you are finished, someone will be in touch with you if a position matches the credentials you have submitted. You may apply more than once too, as if an opportunity is not open now, it might be available in a few months. Keep at it!
This company generally does not hire people under the age of 16, and if you are a minor you will need to be able to provide proof of your legal ability to work in your state.
Benefits And Compensation:
Working at this company is satisfying and rewarding, not just because of the monetary pay off, but because of the friends you will make, the people you will meet, the skills you will learn, and the places you will go. Of course every employee will receive consistent compensation and meal discounts, but more importantly you will receive on-the-job training that will prepare you for future positions in management and leadership. As you move throughout the company you might be eligible for additional benefits, such as vacation time or savings plans. Work hard and you will be bound to succeed in this motivating and supportive environment!