The first sub shop opened its doors in 1956 when the founder became one of the pioneers of the restaurant business, offering the unique submarine sandwiches that were not yet common on the American coast. The first store was set on the well-known Jersey Shore, driving distance from many hot spots on the East Coast of the United States. One of the early employees was a man named Peter, an ambitious boy who offered to buy up the concept at the tender age of seventeen! By using premium, high-quality products and ingredients served fresh, he was able to keep the company popular. He also became famous for his ability to interact and get to know customers. As time went on he began franchising units to spread the concept further throughout the country.
Most stores are open from 10 AM to 9 PM every day of the week. Check online to get store hours for the exact location in which you are interested. Note that there may be exceptions or restrictions on holidays.
Applying For Work:
To acquire a job at a sandwich shop, you will need to visit a location in person.
- Use the online store locator at link to find a store near you, or in the location in which you wish to work.
- Write down the information such as the address so you have the contact details and know how to navigate to the store.
- When you walk in, ask to speak with a manager. He or she can point you in the right direction and/or give you an application to fill out.
- When submitting your resume or filling out an application, make sure to present all your credentials, experience, and employment history thoroughly and accurately.
- After everything has been submitted, someone at the office will process and review your information. They will contact you if and when a position opens up that is a good fit for you.
- Don’t worry if you don’t hear from someone right away – give them some time to go through everything on your end, and be patient!
Just like the now CEO Peter, you could start working at the sub shop as young as 14! Just make sure you can prove your legal ability to work in your state.
Benefits And Compensation:
Every worker contributes in a vital way to the overall success of the company, and company wants to thank you for it! You will be rewarded with regular compensation either based on hourly wages or a predetermined salary. You will also receive delicious discounts on sandwiches! As you move up in the company you may also be rewarded with additional benefits, such as paid time off or insurance options. The biggest benefit you will receive, however, is the motivating atmosphere and the ability to advance within the corporation. Just think – Peter started at the bottom and now owns the company! Plus, you will make many new friends along the way, and learn invaluable information that will serve you throughout your professional career.