Nando’s, a casual dining restaurant chain which was started in South Africa, has been operating in United States. Its theme is Portuguese/Mozambiquan based and it specializes in chicken dishes with lemon and herb, mango and lime, medium, hot and extra hot peri-peri marinades. Nando’s specializes in flame-grilled peri peri chicken. Other than that, it also offers its customers;
Nando’s add more employees on regular basis to its stores where different kinds of staff is required in kitchen as well as at sales. This continuous hiring is necessary to meet the demands of the business to run without any difficulty which help the food chain to expand as well.
Minimum Age required : You must be at least 16 years of age to work.
Working Hours: 11:30am-10:30pm (Sunday-Wednesday) and 11:30am-11:30pm (Thursday –Saturday)
Available Positions: Cashier, Cook, Sales Associate, Host/Hostess, Waiter/Waitress, Dishwasher, Supervisor, Bar Staff, Security Officer, Assistant Manager, General Manager, Food and Beverage Team Leader,
Job Application Form: From the link, job application form for Nando’s can be downloaded from this current page.
- Nando’s welcomes candidates who can interact with people with joy and those who are team oriented and cooperates with the team members to achieve the objectives.
- Employees should have know-how about the usage of equipment in the kitchen and how to keep the making of food safe.
- Age requirement of minimum 16 years is necessary.
- Application form downloaded from the above mentioned link should be filled and submitted along with the resume at any restaurant.
It guarantees its employees to pay competitive salaries and benefits. Job positions in both categories i-e “Entry level” and “Management level” are available.
- Cashiers are involved in taking orders from the customers which should be fulfilled without error and it is their duty to make sure that customer gets what they asked for. Concerned with the nature of their work, cashiers must be have mathematical skills to deal with the multiple customers in a quick succession.
- Hosts welcome the customers with pleasant gesture so that customers get impressed with the environment and behavior of the employees which would cause them to visit again.
- Expeditors have the responsibilities of preparing garnishes, sauces and spice blends for the meal being prepared by the cooks.
- Cook should take care of the safety of the food and he should ensure that the standards of the company are being followed in the preparation. He also needs to know that what is required in the kitchen and make sure that everything is there to prepare the food.
- Managers who are called Patrao have duties related to administration and are engaged in hiring and training of the new employees
- A supervisor’s responsibilities may include the surety of satisfaction of the customers by maintaining the food quality. Supervisors also keep motivating the employees to work so that their morale remains high. It is also the part of their duties to make schedules of the employees and assigning them tasks.
Salaries and Benefits
- Cashiers, hosts and expeditors usually have an hourly salary of between $8.00 and $9.00.
- Cooks who have to maintain the quality of the food and have to perform duties in a very long shift gets $10.00 for an hour.
- Managers who are considered the leaders or heads of the employees earn on annual basis around $45,000.
- With competitive salaries, employees also get the promotion opportunities quickly at here.
- Paid vacations, medical benefits, discount on the meals, retirement plans and flexible work schedules are few other benefits which employees get.
Apply Here: www.nandos.co.uk/careers