This chain of markets is owned by the Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company, which started as a small corner store in New York City back in the 1850s. Since then the company has grown and incorporated other businesses under the umbrella of its name. Today there are over 300 stores operating underneath a variety of names, with Pathmark being one of them. They are one of the largest retailers of grocery supplies in the northeastern part of the United States. Luckily, they are still able to provide a personal touch and individualized service just as local grocers do, despite its size. This particular brand offers a variety of services, products, and wellness goods to support the health and wellbeing of all its customers.
Why Work Here?
At this company, you can tell that they really care about their employees. The best way to achieve 100% customer satisfaction is to make sure that the people serving the customers are happy! The benefits you can receive include anything from competitive wages and salaries to employee discounts and training programs. You can receive rewards from the lowest level, for example as a bagger or cashier, all the way to upper level positions at the corporate office. Most importantly there are always opportunities for growth, and if you prove yourself you can receive promotions and advancement for your work. Regardless of where you start or end up, you will learn a lot, meet new people, and gain many interesting experiences.
Hours vary from location to location. Use the online search tool at the below mentioned link to look up stores in your area and find details about scheduling and services.
Ask to speak with a manager about requirements for age when it comes to the position in which you are interested. Certain retail jobs might hire as young as 14 or 15, while other jobs might mandate additional qualifications and ask that you be 18 or even 21.
How To Submit An Application?
- First, navigate to the careers section of the website, accessible at mentioned link.
- You can choose from a retail jobs within the store, a career in the pharmacy, a management job, or one at the corporate office.
- For store positions, click on your particular area of interest. You can find locations near you and apply for specific employment opportunities electronically.
- For pharmacy careers, click to view openings and then find opportunities in your area.
- You can go through the same process for management positions, which include jobs like store closer and shift supervisor.
- Corporate positions will be with the Atlantic and Pacific Tea Company, and you can view their career page.. You can browse the current openings and click on the titles to view details. When you are ready, click to either submit your resume or use your LinkedIn profile to continue.
When you are done, wait for a manager or representative to get in touch. They will let you know when there are opportunities available that meet your skills, experience, and talents. You may have to interview once or twice before you are officially offered a position.