The history of this business dates back to the 1960s, when the first store opened in New Orleans, Louisiana. Mike Renzulli was asked to move to the area to head up the small beauty supply store. By the late 1970s the company had opened 25 locations. In the 80s the headquarters moved to Texas, and based on a series of business moves including acquisitions and new openings, the total number of stores neared 120. Also in the 80s the company opened a division of its business that sells beauty equipment to individuals and beauty professionals. Next the company went international and ended up with over 500 locations. Before long the business expanded further internationally, past the UK, even reaching to Japan. Since then the company has spearheaded new efforts, such as fundraising ventures, a beauty magazine, and competitive events. Today there are over 4,000 locations in every state in America and 10 other countries.
Read More: Find Sally Beauty Interview Tips
Benefits And Compensation:
Rewards vary from position to position and will depend on a variety of factors. Examples include job type, position, and if you are full or part time. Your benefits package may include:
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health care
- Education aids
- Profit sharing and 401k
- Paid time off
- Sick pay
- Merchandise discounts
- Additional insurance options
Read More: Read Sally Beauty New Job Openings
Ask a manager or your supervisor exactly what is offered with your position. The good news is that your compensation and benefits can increase if you stay with the company long enough – you may also be promoted in the process!
You need to be 18 or older to work at its Store. Ask a manager or other representative if you have any questions or concerns.
Store Operating Hours:
Hours vary by location. Use the store locator online to find units in your area and get opening and closing times.
How To Apply?
- Start by clicking on JOB OPPORTUNITIES from the main site, or go straight to the main site.
- If you want to apply for a retail position in a store, visit a location in person. You can download the application online by clicking on this link mentioned here. You can use the online store locator to find the addresses of units in your area.
- You can also search for jobs in distribution, at corporate, or in store and field management.
- View the job titles and locations that appear in the search and click on any that seem interesting. If you don’t find exactly what you are looking for, you can always submit your resume for general consideration and someone will get in touch with you when a good opportunity that would fit your experience becomes available.
- Read over the summaries, descriptions, and requirements to make sure you can fulfill all aspects of the job. If so, click to apply online.
- You can log in with LinkedIn, Facebook, or Google Plus, or create a profile online. Either way, once you have logged in you can complete the process of submitting an application.
When you are done, you can look forward to a new career in the beauty retail industry that could turn into a lifelong job!