Verizon Communications is an internet and telephone service provider that was founded in the early 1980s. Its headquarters is in New York City and there are almost 190,000 employees. When it started it was called Bell Atlantic and primarily served the eastern coast of the United States. Services include high speed internet, a high quality television service provider called FIOS, a mobile phone network that is considered, in terms of the number of subscribers, to be the most popular, business services, and a modern version of the yellow pages. Many different structures and arenas in the United States have been sponsored by and therefore named after the company.
Submitting An Application:
Whether you are looking for your first job in the communications industry or want to be a part of a large, successful corporation, you can find what you are looking for with this company. Jobs range across the spectrum of needs, from customer service to information technology.
- To get started, go to the below mentioned link. At the top of the screen you will see a link to read information about the company. Click it.
- Under “Quick Links” you will see an option to navigate to the careers page. Select this link, which will take you to the jobs version of the site.
- You can find a plethora of good information on this site, such as what it’s like to work with the company and the different areas in which jobs are offered. After you have looked around, click on the “Search Careers” tab at the top of the page or click on “Apply Today” for any categories job opening page.
- You can browse careers by type, by location, or by job group. You can also directly search for positions that match your criteria by selecting keywords, a category, and inputting your location information.
- When the openings appear they will be listed with the job title, category, location, and the date at which it was posted. Look over your options and select one for which you think you qualify.
- Read over the responsibilities and requirements, and if you still think it is a good fit, click on the red “Apply Now” button.
- To continue, you will need to log in. If you are a returning user, simply input your username and password and hit “Login.” Otherwise, hit the link that will take you to register now.
- Follow the instructions on your screen to complete the registration process and fill out your application. When you are finished you will be able to submit it for review and someone will contact you once they have had a chance to look over your qualifications.
Requirements and qualifications will vary based on the position, and some may have a specific age mandate. For the vast majority of jobs you must have a college degree, and so will not be able to apply as a minor.
Retail stores may differ in their opening and closing times based on their location and the needs of the region. Use the online store finder to search for locations in your area and find information such as address, products offered, and phone numbers. Use the phone number to call and ask about opening and closing times for weekdays, weekends, and on holidays.
Official Site: www.verizonwireless.com
Store Locator: www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/storelocator/index.jsp
Apply Here: www22.verizon.com/jobs/careerareas.html