Walmart Stores, Inc., is an American multinational retailer corporation which has its businesses of warehouse membership clubs, superstores and discount department stores at a global level. The business operations of the company have been divided into three different sectors: International, Wal-Mart Stores and SAM’S CLUB. Out of these three divisions, Wal-Mart Stores are the major source of income producing 67.3% of the total business alone every year. Departmental stores are engaged in serving around 200 million customers and corporate clients for each week. The business is spread in nearly 30 countries with more than 11,000 stores.
- Minimum Age to Work: Interested candidates to work for Walmart must have a minimum age of 16 years.
- Hours of Operation: The store remains opened for 7 days and 24 hours.
- Application Form: Following link will give you the option of downloading and application form. You can print the form and submit it to any Walmart store from the navigation button here.
Available Job Positions:
Large business with more than 11000 stores in 30 different countries require new employees on different occasions. The hiring may be for both part time and full time employees. Part time employees can get the jobs without prior experience. Being interactive and having pleasant behavior is the requirement from them to give excellent customer services.
- Store Associate
- Customer Service Representative
- Maintenance Associate
- Housekeeping Associate
- Money Centers Associate
- Stock Associate
- Pharmacy Technician
- Electronics Sales Associate
- Cart Retriever
- Store Manager
- Assistant Store Manager
- Beauty Sales Associate
- Automotive Sales Associate
- Tire Sales Associate
- Truck Driver
- A cashier has to handle the cash transactions which are made daily. It is his duty to sell the products at correct price and make sure that customer does not pay wrong price. Handling cash, responding to the questions of the customers and operating registers are the prime responsibilities of a cashier.
- Sales Associates have to help the customers while making purchases and to stock up all the products is their duty. Associates have to keep the floor clean and make the displays attractive to be appealing for the customers.
- Greeter has the responsibility to greet the customers as well as the corporate clients who come to the Walmart stores. Greeters must have an enthusiastic attitude to impress the customers and clients. They must greet them with a smiley face.
- Stock Associates have the responsibility of refilling the stocks and rotation of merchandize and checking of the expiry dates.
- Department Managers have the responsibility of a particular department for the supervision of the employees.
- Assistant Managers and Store Managers are engaged in the hiring and training of the new employees. Apart from that sales record has to be maintained and inventory management is the part of their duty and they also have to evaluate the performance of the employees and rewarding them as well.
Salaries And Benefits
- Greeters and sales associates start working at the minimum wage rate and after getting some experience, they can earn more up to $8.00 or $9.00 per hour.
- Cashier has the hourly income of about $8.00 which can be reached up to $10.00 per hour.
- Stock associates joins the company getting minimum wage and those having experience of the work earn between $10.00 and $11.00 an hour.
- Department managers get a pay between $12.00 and $13.00 for an hour.
- Assistant Managers and Store Managers have an annual salary package. Assistant Managers earn around $50,000 while Store Managers get a salary up to $100,000 per year.
- In addition to the healthy amount of salaries, benefits like growth opportunities, discounts on the products, retirement plans, paid vacations and medical coverage are also given.