Hobby Lobby which is an American retailer brand deals with the items of arts and crafts. Hobby Lobby started the business in 1972 and opened its first store in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Currently, Hobby Lobby is running over 600 stores and looking to expand the business more.
Requirements and Skills
Generally company is looking for the people who loves the art and crafts and have some knowledge about the machines like fabric cutting and other related to them. Another quality a candidate should have, is the quick learning ability and good communications skills to speak with the customers on behalf of the company.
Those who want to work for Hobby Lobby can apply by finding the nearest store and hand over their resume there or can also apply through its career webpage which is given bellow. After the completion of application process, the next step is to prepare yourself for the interview.
- Usually, within one week of the application, you get the call for interview. If you do not any call from the manager, you can contact yourself and ask about the status of you application.
- Once you get contacted for the interview you will then have to go through multiple steps for the interview. You may have to appear in more than one interviews. If you get through the one on one interview, you may have a panel interview as well if the job requires an experienced employee.
- After clearing the interviews, you will have training sessions which may be through an instructor and visual lessons.
- First 6 candidates are selected by the company who should be well qualified for the job and then the best of the six candidates is selected for the job.
- How much experience do you have working at a retailer?
- Why do you like to work for Hobby Lobby?
- What do you know about good customer service?
- How was your experience with the customers?
- Share an example of worst customer service with us?
- Did you ever face a rude customer? How did you manage with him?
- What three character traits would your friends/coworkers use to describe you?
- How will you guide your customers who are shopping in the store?
- Share with us any time when you had to make an important decision?
- Is the Hobby Lobby your ideal company to work for?
- How have you coordinated during your previous job experience the work of your team to achieve target goals?
- Can you tell us about some of the ideas which were implemented?
- What have you done to contribute toward a teamwork environment?
- What do you find are the most difficult decisions to make?
- What negative thing would your last boss say about you?
Tips for the Interview:
- You attire should be business casual and should look good.
- You must have some know-how about the arts and craft. Besides that, you must have interest in that which will create a positive impact on the interviewer.
- If you do some research on company, it will show that you are really interested in the job and you are a person who likes to learn things.
- You must speak something rather than being quite. For example if you do not have any experience in the retailer job, you should be able to convince the interviewer that you have the abilities to perform well once you get into the job.
- For the interview, you must reach on time so that careless attitude should not be shown to the interviewer.
interview tips: careers.hobbylobby.com