Taco Bell is an American fast food retailer with headquarters in Irvine, California. The company is a subsidiary of Yum Brand which provides southern style cuisine in the form of tacos, burritos, quesadillas and nachos. The company has branded itself as a restaurant that serves gourmet food and serves over 2 billion customers each year. It maintains over 5,800 outlets in the USA alone.
Taco Bell was the creation of Glen Bell who initially started the chain as a 23 year old hot dog stand owner in San Bernardino, California in 1946. Some years later, he sold the stand and set up set up several shops up to the year 1962. As the company expanded, he got offers for franchises and Kermit Becky, who used to be a policeman, acquired the first Taco Bell franchise in 1964. The company expanded quickly and by 1967, 100 stores had been opened with the company going public in 1970 till Pepsi Co bought the entire restaurant in 1978.
Minimum Age To Work:
You must be over 13 years to apply for a job at Taco Bell
Jobs And Descriptions:
There are various job offers at Taco Bell. For a complete list of current opening, you can log on to www.tacobell.com/careers.
The most filed positions are:
- Team Member whose job is to prepare food for customers
- Shift Lead who supervises the team members
- Restaurant General Manager who oversees the operations of the restaurant
- Assistant Manager who has administrative and managerial oversight of the restaurant
- Corporate Positions Include: Accounting Analyst who manages the corporate accounts including the gift card
- Guest Relations Specialists who manages the help desk