- Overview of the Company
- Methods for Applying
- Application Directions
- Who They Hire
Overview Of Company Information:
This retailer sells home improvement, building, and lawn care supplies to customers both in the United States (where it is based) and in other countries. Locations are widespread in the United States, with stores in every state, the nation’s capital, and in multiple U.S. territories. There are also locations in each of the Canadian provinces. The headquarters of the company is in the southeastern portion of the country in Georgia. Merchandise sold by the company includes appliances, bathroom fixtures and plumbing, lighting and light fixtures, wood, lawn equipment and lawn care items, tools, and paint. There are over two thousand locations, most of which are in the United States. International locations include both Canada and Mexico. Between all support centers and retail locations the company employs over three hundred and forty thousand people.
The beginning of the company dates back to the late 1970s, when four men decided to build home improvement stores in the model of a warehouse, with larger floor space and inventory than any other on the market at the time. The first two stores were opened in the area surrounding Atlanta, Georgia. After two of the founders retired in the year 2000, a current employee was made the new head of operations. The man, Robert Nardelli, who was promoted to replace them entered into business practices that were unpopular among many other employees, stock went down, and ultimately he resigned. The course of the company has been marked by expansion as well as by closure, sell-offs, and layoffs.
Leadership and Important People
The four founders’ names were Bernard Marcus, Arthur Blank, Ron Brill, and Pat Farrah. The current CEO, president, and chairman is a man named Frank Blake.
Calculative Information About Company:
|Services||Home Improvement & Retailer|
|Total Locations||More Than 2,248|
|Main Office||Cobb County, GA|
|Total Revenue||$70.39 Billion|
Two Different Ways Of Applying :
Using The Internet :
People can apply online by going to main site mentioned below in the table at this page. And navigating to the careers page. By using the website you can get a lot of helpful information about benefits and work culture, as well as look up detailed information about any number of positions. Applicants can create profiles and log back in later to update their information or apply for more jobs.
Visiting A Home Depot Location:
For people who would prefer not to use a computer, you should consider visiting a location in person. This may be necessary if you do not own a computer or cannot access the internet. Look up the addresses of multiple locations near you and visit each of them. On more stores to which you apply, the greater your chances of being hired. When you arrive, ask to speak with a supervisor or manager.
He or she may give you a paper application to fill out and may ask you a few questions. He or she may even choose to conduct a formal interview right on the spot. The more prepared you are through knowledge of the company and your desired position and the more you can recall about previous work and academic experiences, the better. Note that you may not be able to use this method if you hope to work at a distribution center or at the corporate office.
Directions For Using The Internet To Apply :
- Click on “Apply Online” button present at this page.
- Under the title that says “Corporate Information,” click the one that is marked with the word careers..
- Career areas include retail, supply chain, call centers, merchandising, and corporate. You can click on any of the tabs to find out more information about any of these job categories. You can also choose to search for positions by selecting a job type from the drop down menu at the top left hand side of the screen.
- Depending on which type you select, you may be prompted to enter in additional details, such as your location, a more specific job category, a requisition ID number (if you have it), or relevant keywords you would like to include in your search.
- Follow the remaining prompts to get to a list of positions available to you. Click on any to view more details, which might include required qualifications, a basic description of the job, and responsibilities or duties you will be responsible for fulfilling.
- Once you hit the APPLY button you will be prompted to sign in. If you do not have an account you will need to create once. After registering you will be able to enter in your employment details and submit them for consideration.
- After you have applied you can log back in and apply for more positions if you think of additional jobs for which you would like to be considered. You may also be able to use your online account with the company to check the status of your application. You can also call the company or go speak with a manager to find out more details about your application or if you have questions.
What Kind Of People Does Home Depot Hire?
Home Depot hires a wide range of people. Through its commitment to diversity and its dedication to being an equal opportunity employer, the company hires people from a diverse range of backgrounds and identities.
Even the lowest level jobs, such as those working as a cashier or sales associate, require applicants to be eighteen years of age or older. Most positions have additional requirements that may necessitate the applicant be even older, such as the possession of a four year degree. Make sure you read all the necessary qualifications to make sure you are eligible before you apply.
Job Seekers Overview:
|Current Opportunities||843 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Nominated In 2011|
|Enhancement On Application||Yes|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||One Week|
Key Financial Figures:
In 2012 the company earned $74 billion in revenue, nearly $8 billion in operating income, and $4.5 billion in operating income. For the same year the company held $41 billion in total assets and $17.7 billion in total equity.