There are a number of job positions for which job seekers can apply in the industry of grocery in the United States of America. Some of these positions are cashiers, delivery drivers, management clerks etc. presently, there are about 3.5 million people working in this sector at lower level jobs.
Applying For The Job:
Candidates and apply online by filling the application form with their details and get shortlisted for the interviewing procedure. The interview is conducted by hiring managers and is generally important to observe the overall performance of candidates and compare this performance with the qualifications mentioned in their resumes.
Read More: Find 99 Cent Job Application Online
In order to fulfill the eligibility criteria for getting the job, candidates must have the following qualifications:
- Having a work permit from the government of United States of America.
- Age of 14 years or more according to the laws of the state in which the candidate is working
- For some of the positions, the candidates are required to have an age of 18 years or more
- The candidates who are available for irregular hours on job are preferred for working at the grocery stores
- The past experience of working at the same position is preferred but is not necessarily considered
- Candidates must fulfill the minimum educational qualifications for being able to get the job
Some of the job positions also require candidates to be physically strong and having the ability to take heavy grocery items or stock from one place to another. This skill is important to lift objects within the stores as well as moving and shifting different items in stock from the trucks to refrigerators and aisles.
Read More : Apply For Kroger Latest Jobs
Salary Packages And Additional Compensations:
The grocery companies offer different range of salaries based on the performance, experience and the rank of employees. Some of these salary packages along with the job titles are mentioned below:
- The employees who are responsible for bagging the grocery items for customers get $20,000 per year
- Butchers earn about $28000 per unit year
- Bakers and employees working at all such bakery outlets in the grocery shops get $23000 per year
- Employees who are hired at different levels of management hierarchy are offered $14 to $20 per unit hour depending on their qualifications and experience.
- Cashiers have a salary ranging from $7 to $10 per unit hour.
In addition to the salary packages, employees also get a number of employment benefits at the outlets of the grocery stores which are:
- Getting registration for the retirement plans and different programs
- Medical insurance and health programs for the coverage of their medical bills. Note that this facility is only available for employees having a permanent and full time job at the grocery outlets.
- Getting discount rates and promotional offers from time to time from the company
- Certificates as best employees in case of excellent performance at the firm and having good coordination skills as a team member
Read More: Find Kohl’s New Job Openings