Kentucky Fried Chicken which specializes in fried chicken has its headquarters in Louisville, Kentucky is an American fast food chain restaurant. Kentucky Fried Chicken or KFC is the subsidiary of Yum Brands and it is considered to be the second largest restaurant chain in the world regarding the sales, currently operating in around 120 countries and has more than 19000 outlets all over the world.
Core product of KFC is its fried chicken and Zinger burger but its menu also includes, rice, chicken nuggets, coleslaw, French fries.
Minimum Age to Work: You must be at least 16 years of age to work at KFC.
Hours of Operation: Mon – Sat: 10:00 am – 9:00 pm; Sun: 11:00 am – 6:00 pm
Kentucky Fried Chicken offers hiring for the both entry-level workers and experienced employees for store jobs. Part time hours are offered for the entry level job positions while higher level or management level job positions have full time hours. If you are interested in the job at KFC, an online application can be submitted or print and fill out paper forms to hand in personally.
- Team Member
- Shift Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- General Manager
- Maintenance Technician
- Customer Service Worker
- Food Service Worker
- Counter Person, Cook
- Assistant Unit Manager
- Unit Manager
- Fast Food Crew Member
- Preparation Team Member
- Refrigeration Team Member
- Employees with leadership qualities and excellent communication styles are required by Kentucky Fried Chicken.
- They must have problem solving skills at the time of need. All of these skills and qualities must be possessed by the management level employees.
- Employees are required to learn the culture of the restaurant and work by following them.
- Team Members have to be involved in the interaction with the customers. Team Members usually consists of cashiers, cooks and assistants. It is their responsibility that customers leave the store happily and satisfied.
- Taste of the food must not change and the standards should be met while preparing the food keeping in consideration the taste and requirement of the customers.
- More duties of team members include answering the telephone calls, taking orders correctly and managing the payments. They have to give an excellent guest experience to the customers either they are dining or at drive thru.
- Shift Supervisors have the responsibilities including labor management, store procedures, and guest care. They have to manage daily operations by monitoring the working of the employees either individually or in a group. The standards are set by the shift supervisors regarding the performance of the team members.
- General Managers have to maintain and monitor sales and expenditures of the stores. Administrative work is handled by them and they are also responsible for the hiring and training of the new employees. Maintenance of the restaurants and performance evaluation of the employees are their responsibilities too.
Salaries and Benefits
- Team Members at KFC begin at the minimum wage rate and later after getting some experience they are able to earn more around $8.00 or $9.00.
- Shift Supervisors having variety of responsibilities can earn between $8.00 and $10.00.
- Assistant Managers and General Managers receive an annual salary package. Assistant Managers earn between $25,000 and $35,000.
- General Managers leading the stores make between $40,000 and $60,000 per year.