ShopRite is an American Supermarket cooperative which was created collectively by the grocers of New Jersey leverage the buying power that would give them the ability to purchase larger quantities at a lower cost in 1946. New Jersey Based Grocery store has its over 296 stores in other states as well like New Jersey, New York, Connecticut, Delaware, Maryland, and Pennsylvania. Entirely, in all states, the grocery store has been serving more than 5 million customers every week.
- Minimum Age to Work: The minimum age required to apply for the job at ShopRite is 16 years.
- Hours of Operation: Hours of duty differs with the location of the store but at most of the places these are the operation hours. Mon – Fri: 6:00 am – 12:00 am; Sat: 6:00 am – 12:00 am; Sun: 6:00 am – 12:00 am
- Job Application Form: “Click Here” link can be used to open the application form to download and print.
Available Positions: Job positions are regularly offered by ShopRite to provide its customers best services. Following are the few jobs positions which are most commonly asked to fill.
- Customer Service Representative
- Stock Clerk
- Deli Clerk
- Department Supervisor
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
- For entry level employees there are no requirements regarding degree or experience. High school diploma will be enough for them. They just need to be efficient enough to make customers satisfied that is possible through their lively and friendly attitude. Mathematical skills are required from the cashiers and associates.
- Physical strength is necessary for example to stand for long shift or may be extended hours of duty and they must have ability to lift the weight of at least 25 lbs.
- For management positions, applicants must have college degree and the experience of working in the store operations. They should have some leadership qualities in them along with that, ability to handle the pressure and make plans to come out of the pressure situation with good communication skills are the few requirements.
- All the applicants both at the entry level and the management level, should have a clean past record. Their criminal background is checked and drug test is also required to get through.
- Cashiers at ShopRite are required to manage the cash registers, ring up purchases and bagging groceries is also their part of the job. They should also remain calm and their behavior should be good to answer the queries of the customers.
- Clerks have the responsibility of assisting the customers in their purchases. Clerks must have complete knowledge about the products as they have to deal with the various sections like bakery, grocery, sea food, meat, dairy and deli.
- Meat Wrappers have the duties of weighing the meat, scaling, packaging and the pricing them as well. They must work according to the required standards and keep the environment clean according to them.
- Store Managers and the Department Managers have tough responsibilities, they have to drive the sales and maintain a record of the sales. Along with that, hiring of the new employees and their training is also added in their duties. They have to control the inventory and supervise the employees to ensure the working in a right way which would make the customers satisfied.
- Cashier starts the job at the minimum wage level which could reach $10.00 per hour.
- Clerks may have the income between minimum wage and hour to $9.00 per hour.
- An average salary of a meat wrapper is $10.00 for an hour.
- Department Managers and Store Managers get the salary on annual basis. Department Managers begins at $25,000 annually and can earn maximum up to $35,000.
- Store Managers pay scale is between $60,000 and $70,000 per year.