- Company Profile
- Application Methods
- Step by Step Instructions
- Who Does Subway Want?
Subway is a fast food franchise that was founded in the United States and remains American-owned. Its primary business comes from the sale of submarine sandwiches that come in 6 inch or foot long varieties. They also sell salads, breakfast sandwiches, individual pizzas, soups, cookies, other side items, and a variety of beverages, including coffee. The parent company is Doctor’s Associates, Inc. There are more than forty thousand restaurants in more than one hundred countries, growing more quickly than most other franchises. The main headquarters is in Connecticut but there are five regional centers to assist in operation management. These centers are located in the Netherlands, Australia, Lebanon, Singapore, and Florida.
Fred DeLuca borrowed money from his friend in 1965 to open a submarine sandwich shop. A year later they formed Doctor’s Associates, Inc. to oversee operations and manage franchising. The parent company gets its name from the fact that Fred wanted to start the company to help pay for medical school and the friend had a doctoral degree in physics. The first actual Subway as it is known today opened in 1978 in Fresno, California. The first international location opened in Bahrain in 1984. In 2004 the company began partnering with Walmart to open locations inside the supercenter stores. As of 2010 Subway is the largest fast food franchise in the world in terms of number of locations.
Some Calculation About Company:
|Services||Restaurant and Fast Food Shop|
|Total Locations||More Than 38k|
|Main Office||Bridgeport, CT|
|Total Revenue||16 Billion|
One of the methods you can use to apply is the internet. In order to do so you will need access to a computer and an internet connection. You can go to main site of the company and click on the careers link It is quick and easy to apply online, and doing so will allow you to create a profile that you can use to save your information and check back later for application updates.
Applying In Person:
If you do not have a computer or internet connection, you can visit a location near you to speak with a manager. He or she may give you a paper application to fill out and request an interview. Make sure to bring information – such as your employment and education history – with you so that you can fill out the application on the spot quickly and easily. If you are willing to work at more than one location you should visit each store and speak with a manager at each restaurant.
Step By Step Instructions:
- If you want to apply by internet then scroll this page to the top and see the big round button marked as “Apply Online” button.
- Start by going to and clicking on the careers link near the top of the page. On the next page you will be able to access resources that can teach you about working at Subway. You can also access franchising information if you are interested in owning and operating your own location.
- Click on the job category that interests you – corporate, local stores, or regional positions. Clicking on corporate headquarters will take you to a list of job titles that the corporation needs filled. Click on any of these titles to view more details, such as job descriptions, responsibilities, requirements, and qualifications. If the position interests you and you can fulfill the duties, click to apply online. You will have to create an account to continue. Once you have done so you can enter in your username and password and submit your credentials and resume for review.
- For local jobs, click on the link and then acknowledge that you are leaving the site by selecting the PROCEED option. This will take you to page where you can find the career. Select your country and language and then hit APPLY NOW. Narrow the results by entering in your location. You can do so by typing in your zip code, city, and/or state. Select the store or stores that interest you and hit the APPLY button. To continue you will need to enter your email address. From this point, follow the on screen instructions to finish the application process.
- For regional jobs, click the link and then view the available jobs along with their descriptions and location. Once you click on a specific job title you will be prompted to open your email account, where you will be able to email your resume to the hiring department’s email account.
By submitting your application, you are allowing Subway to run a background check on you. You may not be offered a position if there are red flags that come up during this process. You may also be asked to participate in other testing, such as drug testing and multiple interviews, before being offered a position.
Who Does Subway Want?
Types Of People:
Subway is an equal opportunity for employer who respect and appreciate diversity. The corporation does not discriminate on any grounds and hires people from a variety of backgrounds and experiences.
Types Of Jobs:
Corporate Headquarters: these jobs in MIllford, Connecticut support operations on a global scale. Positions include jobs in a variety of departments, such as human resources, accounting, and information technology.
Local Restaurant Jobs: these jobs include “sandwich artists” and store managers. Positions may include making sandwiches, keeping the restaurant clean, and offering superior customer service. Managers additionally will oversee operations, motivate employees, and conduct training.
Regional Jobs: these jobs allow employees to work all over the world at regional support centers. Positions include area managers, business consultants, and field consultants.
Each job comes with a specific set of requirements. These may include specifications related to employment history, education status, and skill sets. Local restaurant jobs will hire applicants under the age of eighteen if they are otherwise well-qualified. If you plan to apply as a minor, find out what you need to do to acquire legal verification of your ability to work in your state or country. Different states have different labor laws, so the exact minimum age will vary based on your location.
|Current Opportunities||770 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Not Yet|
|Enhancement On Application||N/A|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||Not Declared|
Leadership And Financials:
The founder and current president of Subway is Fred DeLuca. Millie Shinn is the EVP, David Worroll is the controller, and Don Fertman is the CDO. It is a privately held company and thus is not required to release financial statements.