McDonalds is USA based hamburger fast food restaurant chain which started as a barbeque restaurant in 1940. McDonalds is serving its customers all over the world in 119 countries through its more than 35,000 restaurants and it is headquartered in Oak Brook, Illinois. Main products of McDonalds include;
- French Fries
- Soft Drinks
- Breakfast and
Important To Know:
- Minimum Age to Work: Minimum age required to work at here is 16 years.
- Hours of Operation: it has no fixed hours of operations for all the restaurants. Working hours usually depend on the location of the restaurant.
- Application Form: You can find the application form from the link below which will allow you to download the pdf file from this link
Available Positions: The number of restaurants and the level of expansion can signify the increase in demand for the food chain and therefore it increases its restaurants which require more persons for the hiring. It offers different positions in its restaurants including;
- Crew Member
- Shift Manager
- Assistant Manager / Manager Trainee
- Restaurant Manager
- Administrative / Office Support
- Area Supervisor
- Beverage Specialist / Crew Trainer
- Building Services Specialist
- Drive-Thru Cashier
- Coffee Specialist
- Drive-Thru Crew Member
- Equipment Technician
- Floor Supervisor
- General Manager
- Grimmer Crew Member
- Host / Hostess
- Janitorial Crew Member
- Full-Time Maintenance Worker
- Part-Time Maintenance Worker
- Restaurant General Manager
- Shift Leader
- Zone Manager
Applicants who are interested in entry level jobs can easily avail the job opportunity as there are no strict requirements for them. Cashier, cooking, drive thru and cleaning and maintenance responsibilities are the part of entry level employment positions list. The requirements from these employees are excellent communication skills to provide the best possible customer services and maintain the environment of the restaurant by keeping it clean and the food is to be prepared and served according to the standards set by the company.
Management level job positions would need some experience in the related field. General Managers, Assistant Managers and Shift Managers all have the responsibilities of running the operations smoothly and supervising the lower level employees by being efficient enough to do so.
- Crew Members include duties of cashier and cook, maintaining cash of the restaurants and preparing food which is necessary to be accepted by the customers. These are the positions from which most of the McDonalds employees start working for it.
Salaries and Benefits
- All the crew members usually starts working at the minimum wage rate which may be increased to $8.00 or $9.00 per hour with some experience.
- Shift Managers begin the jobs at $8.00 and can earn up to maximum $12.00 per hour.
- Assistant Managers and Store Managers get the salary on annual basis. Assistant Managers are able to earn $20,000 to $30,000 annually. The salaries differ on the basis of the location of the store.
- Store Managers who are the leaders of the restaurant earn around $30,000 when they start working and the salary may extend to $60,000 per year.
- Apart from the salaries, McDonalds provides other benefits to its employees which make them satisfied working here. These are the few benefits which entry level employees at McDonalds enjoy;
- Provided Uniforms
- Flexible Scheduling
- Employee Meal Discounts
- Medical Insurance
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Growth Potential
Managers get some more benefits as compared to the part timers or entry level employees. Adding more to the above given benefits, they can move to the annual salary package and get the paid vacations and free employee meals as well.