- Summary of the Business
- How Should You Apply?
- Step by Step Guide to Applying Online
- Employees They’re Looking for
Summary Of The Business :
This corporation is a drug retailer that provides services through two main entities – CVS Pharmacies and Longs Drugs. It also has a specialty pharmacy division called Caremark Pharmacy Services and a health clinic concept. The corporation is headquartered in Rhode Island while the pharmacy services business is headquartered in Tennessee, and the company employs, between its corporate centers, retail locations, and other business ventures, over 200,000 people. Through its drug retail businesses the company offers customers a variety of convenience store and pharmacy merchandise and services, such as prescription and over the counter drugs, food and snacks, health and beauty items, vitamins and supplements, weight loss aids, medical supplies, toys and games, greeting cards and gift wrap, and seasonal items such as decorations and candy.
Some Company’s Facts:
|Services||Retailer & Drug Store|
|Total Locations||More Than 7k|
|Main Office||Woonsocket, RI|
|Founder||Larry J. Merlo|
|Total Revenue||$55.6 billion|
How Should You Apply?
Using Your Computer :
The best way to apply is by going online by access the company with its mainsite. In doing so you will be able to research a variety of job positions before you submit an application. You may also be required to use this method if you plan on applying for a job outside of the retail setting, such as in the corporate office. You can also learn more about the company and about what to expect from the work environment by using the website.
Walking Into A Store:
You need to have a computer and access to the internet in order to apply online. You may, however, be able to use the library or a friend or family member’s computer and internet if such a resource is available to you. If, on the other hand, you cannot find access or prefer to speak with someone in person, visit a CVS Pharmacy, Longs Drugs, Minute Clinic, or other company-owned enterprise. Take the time to search for locations near you first to find out how many are within traveling distance of you. If there are multiple, consider applying to all of them. This will afford you a greater chance of being hired.
When you visit, ask to speak with a supervisor or manager. He or she will speak with you and may give you a paper application to fill out. Come prepared with your employment history details, education information, and contact numbers for employers and references on hand. This will speed up the process and make communicating with the manager or filling out the application go smoothly.
Also be prepared to interview. Most likely the manager will call you later to set up a time to interview you, but if he or she is not busy you may be asked to interview on the spot. The more you know about the company and your desired position, the better.
Step By Step Guide To Applying Online :
- See the button “Apply Online” at the top right side of the page.
- On this page you can read detailed information about working with the retailer, including benefits you can expect from the job as well as profiles on different job categories and departments. When you are ready, click on the button to start your job search.
- Enter in criteria including any relevant keywords or job descriptions, a requisition number if you have it, your desired job category, your preferred work environment (customer service, distribution center, internships, etc.) OR search by location by entering in your state and city OR search by location by entering in your zip code and maximum travel distance. Jobs you might search for could include positions in accounting, marketing, or as a cashier, to name just a few.
- Your search results will appear with the job title listed on one side and the location details listed on the other. Read over the position summary, qualifications, the tasks you will be required to complete, desired education, and other important details. If you would like to continue, click on the button to apply.
- To continue you will be required to log in. If you do not have a username and password, follow the link to create your job profile. Once you have done so you will be able to enter in your contact and application details and submit your credentials to the company. Someone will be in touch if you are a well-qualified candidate.
Employees They’re Looking For :
The company strives to hire motivated, hardworking individuals with a knowledge of their job and a passion for the industry. CVS Caremark also strives to hire people from a diverse set of backgrounds and experiences and foster an inclusive community.
You must be at least sixteen years old in order to work for the company. This, however, is only applicable to lower level positions, such as clerk or cashier. Higher level positions, such as those in the distribution center or at the corporate office, have additional education, skill level, and experience requirements that necessitate employees be at least over eighteen, if not older. For minors who wish to work for the company, you should obtain consent from your state to be able to work legally in your area.
Job Overview Site:
|Current Opportunities||17911 different posts|
|Awards For Employee||Nominated in 2008 and 2009|
|Enhancement On Application||Yes|
|Get Response (Avg Time)||One Week|
History Of CVS Caremark :
The very beginning of the company starts with CVS, which started as Melville Corporation and was based in New York. Caremark was founded in the late 1970s by James M. Sweeney. Its headquarters was based in California. Throughout the decades following their incipience both companies proliferated, expanding throughout the United States and completing acquisitions of other companies. The two merged together in 2007 and became what the company is known as today – CVS Caremark. Today there are nearly 7,500 CVS stores in most states and in Puerto Rico. The pharmacy services division offers services covering nearly 2,000 different health plans. There are also over 500 MinuteClinic locations in the majority of U.S. States and serving customers’ walk-in health needs.
Larry J. Merlo is the current president and CEO. Thomas Ryan was the former CEO.
For the fiscal year ending in 2012 the corporation earned revenue exceeding $123 billion, operating income over $7 billion, net income of nearly $4 billion, had total assets of nearly $66 billion, and had total equity of over $37 billion. The corporation is publically traded on the New York Stock Exchange.