This company was founded in 1967 with the idea that products could be sold wholesale at closeout prices. The ability to offer shoppers popular, brand name products at prices they couldn’t find elsewhere helped the stores to become successful. The company continued to expand until they owned and operated almost 1,500 locations all across the country – there are only 2 states where you won’t find a store. Not only that, but the product line has grown to the point where thousands of different goods are available to the consumer every time they shop. Staff at the company is constantly looking for and negotiations the best products and prices to make sure that you are getting the best deal.
Read More: Get Big Lots Job Interview Questions
- 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM Monday through Saturday
- 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM on Sundays.
The company is always looking for dedicated individuals to join the team and contribute to what makes the business great. Visit the mentioned site below to read specific information on available careers and get started on your online application.
You can apply for a variety of different jobs and pick positions that will take you different places and have you working in diverse settings. For example, you could work:
- In a store
- At a distribution center
- In a management position
- At the home office
- As an intern
- To apply for a management or home office position, select your location and the job area you would like to search. Examples of job categories include accounting, human resources, marketing, or store management.
- You will several button “Apply” under different job categories, click on them and download form and fill it with accurate data and submit it to the store.
- You could also enter a keyword such as “sales” or “customer service” and see what kind of results you get.
- When you search you will see matches listed with the job title and the city and state the opportunity is available in. You can click to view details or click the link to apply online.
- You can apply for other opportunities, including to be a store associate. There are separate links to fill out online applications to be a candidate for these positions.
You generally have to be 18 or older to work with Big Lots. If you are unsure, ask to speak with a manager when you turn in your application or when you are called for an interview.
Benefits for working at the company are numerous and cover a broad range of areas. These may include:
- Health benefits like comprehensive medical coverage
- Investment and retirement planning such as 401k
- Coverage for disability
- Paid time off
- Opportunities for bonuses
- Assistance programs
- Regular compensation (hourly or salaried)
You will also have the chance to advance and grow within your career. Regardless of where you start you will be able to move up and be rewarded with promotions, which will increase both your benefits and rate of pay. You will be able to learn and educate yourself on many aspects of the industry and the business of sales, retail, customer service, and store management. Furthermore you will enjoy a fun and exciting work environment that is also challenging and stimulating!