Bloomingdales was started in the 1860s by two men who began operating a ladies fashion store in Manhattan, New York City. They were the first to offer customers a variety of fashions instead of specializing in just one item. Their novel idea developed into what is now known as a department store. It is an American-owned upscale department store that is owned by Macys, Inc., which also owns another department store chain named after the corporation. The headquarters is in New York City and there are approximately forty locations in the United States, plus a few outlet stores. Items for sale include a variety of dresses, coats, pants, and tops for women as well as shoes, handbags, jewelry, and select offerings for men and children.
Submitting A Job Application:
If you have an interest in fashion or retail, you may want to consider a job with this company. The upscale, well-known department store consistently looks for motivated and talented individuals to join the team.
- Go to main site by below mentioned link to being searching for positions. At the bottom of the screen among several other links is one marked “Careers.” Follow this link to the jobs section of the site.
- To find your career, select a job function, select a state, and type in any relevant keywords. When you have filled out all the criteria, hit the search button.
- The result will appear on the next page. You can see job titles, the position’s location, and the date the job was posted. Click on any titles that interest you to view more information.
- Read the overview, key responsibilities, and skills summary to get a feel for what would be expected of you in this position. If you would like to apply, select the “Apply Now” button to continue.
- You won’t be able to progress any further until you create an account. If you have logged in before, simply enter your username and password and move through to the next page. Otherwise, click “Create a New Account” to register. Follow the instructions to create an account with the company.
- Once you have registered you will be able to move through the application process and eventually submit your credentials for review. If you are a qualified candidate someone from the company will contact you to participate in an interview. You may need to interview more than once or participate in additional testing before you are offered a position.
There is a wide variety of jobs that you can apply to with this company. These jobs all have certain requirements, some of which may include a mandatory minimum age. For lower level positions, such as sales associate, you may be able to acquire the position as a minor. If you wish to apply and are under eighteen, make sure you can provide proof of your legal ability to work in your state.
Hours Of Operation:
Retail sites vary slightly in their opening and closing times, but are generally from 10:00 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 7:00 pm on Saturday, and 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Sunday. Click the link that says “Stores and Events” on the bloomingdales.com home page to select a location and view individual store hours.
Official Site: www.bloomingdales.com
Apply Now: www.bloomingdalesjobs.com/