The very beginnings of this company date back to the early 1900s when the founder, Fred Meyer, started selling coffee out of a cart. He had an entrepreneurial spirit and became dedicated to the idea of a one-stop kind of place to shop. In the 1920s he opened his first retail store that contested the idea that shoppers needed to go to different places for every type of product – meats, cheese, produce, etc. He pioneered a new type of convenience by allowing consumers to get everything done in one trip. The same principles hold true today, along with a concentration on quality and value. People can go to any location and find an assortment of products ranging from grocery items to health care, apparel, and electronics merchandise.
Store Hours Of Operation:
Hours of operation are different for the general store and the pharmacy or other specialty centers. Store hours are generally from 7 AM to 11 PM every day of the week, while pharmacy hours are more limited.
Some positions might require college degrees, but entry level positions may hire as young as 15 or 16. You must, of course, be able to provide legal ability to work within your state and within the U.S.
How To Apply?
- Go to homepage and click on careers. You can also access the page by following this link catch it from end of the page.
- Do you want to work at:
- The home office?
- In a store?
- At the pharmacy?
- In distribution?
- As part of an internship program?
- Make a category selection based on your interests, talents, and qualifications.
- For store/hourly positions, click APPLY NOW, enter your location information, and follow the prompts to complete and submit your application.
- For other positions you may have to conduct a search that includes a variety of criteria, such as:
- Applicable keywords
- Location information
- Employment type
- Once you see the search results, click on any postings that look appealing to you. Read the descriptions to make sure that it is a good fit and then follow the instructions to apply.
Someone will contact you to let you know how to continue the process, which may include an interview or other testing. Once you get started you will be welcomed into a friendly, dynamic, supportive environment that encourages learning and growth!
Benefits Of Working With The Company:
People who work with this company are rewarded with a wide range of benefits and other types of compensation. Of course the level and extent of your perks will depend to some degree on your position type, but may include some or all of the following:
- Comprehensive health plans that include prescription coverage
- Retirement investment plans
- A plethora of additional insurance options
- Flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation time
- Stock options
- Incentive programs
- Plans and resources to assist employees
- Merits, incentives, and opportunity for growth!