Fry’s came into being in 1985 and was opened by three brothers and their friend Kathy. The idea was to offer professionals in that part of California who were working in the technology field access to their parts, accessories, and equipment they needed. There are 34 stores today operating in 9 different western states. The retail outlet provides people looking to fill a wide variety of electronics needs – from computers and TVs to audio and visual systems and other tech gadgets. A unique aspect of the business is that each store has a different theme. Examples of themes include the Wild West, Egypt, and trains. This provides a distinctive quality to the company that not many businesses have.
Some stores may have different hours than others, but generally they are about the same. A typical schedule is Monday through Friday 8 am to 9 pm, Saturday 9 am to 9 pm, and Sunday 9 am to 7 pm. There may be some exceptions and restrictions for holidays.
If you are interested in working at Fry’s then you will have to meet specific qualifications. A minimum age might be one of them. Ask a manager at your local store for more information.
Working At The Company:
Do you want to work at a technology retail chain? If you love computers or other technological devices and think you have enough know how and education to sell them to others, you should inquire about a job in the store. If you have management experience or other specific skills you may be able to find another employment opportunity within the company that gives you room to shine and show off your talents. Examples of available jobs may include:
- Sales Associate
- Assistant Manager
- Store Manager
- District or Regional Manager
- An administrative or clerical job at corporate
- An Executive Position
There are numerous possibilities, so explore all options before settling on anything.
- Visit a Fry’s near you and speak to a manager to get all the details.
- If you are unsure of the location that is in closest proximity to your location, use the locator on the following link. You can search by all the stores to find the one that would be the spot you would most likely work at.
- This is where you should go to take the next step in your employment venture. Ask to speak with a manager at the location and he or she can have you fill out an application and undergo any other steps before the hiring process is complete.
Benefits At The Company:
People who are employed at Fry’s can take advantage of a number of perks and bonuses as a working member of the company. Examples include:
- Compensation that is either hourly or salaried
- Benefits packages dependent upon your position
- Discounts on products and services
- Opportunity for advancement
The last point is perhaps the most important. The chance to move up in the company so that you don’t feel like you are stuck in a “dead end career” is very important! By learning the ropes and grasping a firm knowledge of the industry, you will be able to go through promotions and earn your way to the top!