Guitar Center is a popular retailer that offers customers a wide variety of guitars, amplifiers, keyboards, basses, workstations, drums and percussion instruments, and other musical equipment. There are nearly two hundred and fifty locations in the United States as well as an ecommerce site where people who don’t have the opportunity to visit a brick and mortar store can shop and fulfill all their musical equipment and instrument needs. The company also offers books and videos to help people learn on their own or train themselves on a particular type of music. In addition, stores offer classes and lessons that people can attend, often for free, to get the latest information and techniques on their instrument of choice. Staff members are very knowledgeable about music and can be very helpful to curious customers.
Applying For Work:
What is your reason for wanting to work with this company? Whether you want to get involved in the corporate world or think you could contribute to the success of a retail store, you can find your answers online at guitarcenter.com. The website offers helpful information to job seekers everywhere.
- Go to main site ( mentioned below) to begin the application process. Scroll to the bottom of the page and under the support and services category, click the link marked “Careers.”
- Here you can read over some information regarding employment and who is likely to get hired. When you are ready, click the tab near the top of the page that indicates you can search for jobs.
- Type in relevant keywords, search by title, or find jobs in specific locations. Once you have filled out all the necessary information, click the button to initiate the search.
- Your results will appear on the next page. You can see both the job title and the city and state in which the job is located. Look over what is available and click on any titles that you think you would be good for.
- Read over the responsibilities, duties, and qualifications for the position. If, after reviewing everything, you feel you could meet the requirements and would be interested in the job, click the link to apply.
- To continue you will need to create an account. Upload your resume and create a username and password to continue. From this point you will be guided through the rest of the process online to complete and submit your application.
- Note that on the careers home page you can also click a button that says “Apply to Our Stores.” This will take you through a prescreening process as the beginning stage of an application to work within a retail store. Click “Begin” and follow the onscreen instructions to participate in this process.
Various positions have a variety of requirements, some of which may have mandatory age limitations. For entry level positions, such as sales associate, you may consider applying as a minor. If you wish to do so, make sure you have legal proof of your ability to work in your state.
Store Hours Of Operation:
Hours may vary from location to location, but are generally from around 11 AM to 9 PM on weekdays and from 10 AM to 8 PM and 12 PM to 6 PM on Saturday and Sunday, respectively.