This corporation is a specialty retailer that offers clothing and accessory items for newborns, babies, and children. Clothes are available for both girls and boys and brands operate under the Gymboree title as well as an outlet version, Janie and Jack stores, and Crazy 8. The corporation also operates brands that target children’s interest in play and music. The company originally started in the 1970s and the company operates all aspects of design, production, and retail. The clothing retailer offers high quality, stylish options for young children that are unique, lasting, and provide great value at an affordable price. There are over six hundred of the stores in North America and the company has begun expanding overseas as well. There are also an additional six hundred stores that operate under one of the other three brands owned by the corporation. All of the brands have online ecommerce sites as well.
Applying For Work:
Do you want to work with children, in fashion, or in retail? You could work in all three if you apply to work for this company. Management and corporate are always looking for talented individuals to join the team.
- Go to this site. At the bottom of the screen under “About Us” click on the link that says “careers.”
- On the left hand side of the screen you will see a column titled “Careers” under which there is a link that says “jobs.” Click on this link.
- You will see that you can search jobs, and there are a number of links to documents that you need to print out as well. You don’t need to fill out the documents unless you have an interview scheduled, but you may want to print them out now just in case.
- Click on the link to search jobs, which will take you to a page where you can enter your search criteria. This includes keywords, division, location, country, zip code, job code, job category, career level, job type, and percentage of travel required for the position.
- When you search based on your criteria, the matches will appear listed by division, job code, job title, location, and the date it was posted. Browse the results and click on any jobs whose titles appeal to you.
- Look over the description and requirements and if you think it is a good fit, fill out how you heard about the job and click the orange button to submit your resume to the job.
- In order to continue you will need to create an account. Select the link to create your resume profile and follow the instructions online to continue and submit your resume for review.
Requirements vary for each position, some of which include an age limitation. Make sure to review the requirements carefully and call and ask to speak with a manager if you have questions or need clarification. If you plan to apply as a minor, make sure you can provide proof of your ability to work in your state.
Store Hours Of Operation:
Hours vary depending on the location. Use the online store finder to find retail locations near you and view information specific to that store, including opening and closing times.
Be patient – you may not hear back from someone right away. Once the company has a chance to review your credentials, you will be contacted if they feel you are a good fit for the job.
- Official Site: www.gymboree.com
- Apply Online: careers.gymboree.com
- Store Locator: gymboree.com/locator/store_locator.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302778203&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474395917465&bmUID=1378293761950&MAPQUEST%3C%3Etransaction=init
- PDF: Adobe PDF