This corporation is made up of independent grocers throughout the world who have come together to protect themselves against international grocery chains. Founded in the 1920s, the company is able to keep the values of the small, family-owned store going strong. The stores stand out amongst the standard, typical supermarkets that are all basically the same. Stores within this company maintain their individuality and personality, just like the independent grocers like it. Today within the alliance there are nearly 5,000 locations all across the globe within 30 countries and territories. The business continues to grow and develop into new areas.
Because locations are owned independently, you will need to search for the specific store you had in mind and find out their operating times. You can search for units internationally at the given link. Or, you can search locally within the United States at the given link. Most locations should have a company website.
How To Apply For A Job?
- If you want to pursue a career with this company, you can visit the website at main site to learn more about the business and your options.
- Click on the IGA corporate link at the bottom of the page.
- Navigate to the “Join IGA” tab on the corporate site. You will see that you can be a manufacturing and service partner or work in distribution.
- For each one, fill out the form with all the information asked of you. You can also read details about the employment opportunities. Hit “Submit” when you are done.
- You can also use the store locator (link above) to find the websites of individual locations. You can learn about the location at which you would like to work and acquire contact details, addresses, and directions. Feel free to visit the store in person and ask the manager how you can go about applying for a retail position, such as a cashier or bagger.
How old you need to be depends on where you live and the position for which you are applying. If you are hired as a minor you must be able to provide proof of your ability to work. Please direct any questions to a manager or supervisor.
Benefits, Compensation, And Other Perks:
Besides the pride you will experience working for a chain that values the independence and freedom of its employees, you will also be able to enjoy an exciting and energetic job atmosphere. Of course everyone will be compensated based on wages and salaries set for individuals in your area. You may be able to receive product discounts on company merchandise as well. Additional benefits will vary based on your individual employer as well as your country/territory. Ask to speak with human resources representative or equivalent in your branch to ascertain the specific features of your benefits package. Even if you start at a low level of benefits, you can easily move up within the company as you learn and gain skills, and with the greater responsibility and a position of management will come greater compensation!
- Official Site: www.iga.com/consumer/default.aspx
- Apply Online: www.iga.com/iga-cares
- Store Locator Internationally: www.iga.com/international.aspx
- Store Locator Locally: www.iga.com/consumer/locator.aspx