Back in the 1980s there were fewer than 20 stores only in one state – Texas. Within a short period of time and through some assertive action its corporation was able to expand into about 500 stores by the mid-1990s. Through their success they have become the leading specialty retailer of arts and crafts products. Shoppers can go to any store and find goods for all their do-it-yourself and artsy products, from jewelry making and picture framing to floral arrangements and painting projects. The helpful associates in the stores are well educated and will do everything they can to point you in the right direction.
Monday through Saturday 9 AM to 9 PM and Sunday 9 AM to 7 PM. Note that this is just an example of a schedule. Although this is typical, hours may vary by location.
Working For The Company:
Do you have a passion for arts and crafts? Do you have experience working in retail? Do you have a knack for customer service? Are you looking for your next big career move? Go online to brush up your company facts and figures and educate yourself. If a job there looks appealing click on the careers tab, also viewable by clicking on this link mentioned below that page.
Applying For Work Online:
The search is easy to do when you are looking for work. To get started:
- Enter keywords in a variety of different ways (all of the following, one of the following, or the exact phrase) to most accurately narrow your search. You can also choose certain categories like your location and job type. Examples of job types are:
- Development or real estate
- Finance or accounting
- Marketing or advertising
- Store development or new stores
- There are many more, and you will need to spend some time searching to find the right work. Fill out this information and click search and you can see what is available to you.
- Click on what looks appealing and read the details, qualifications, and requirements.
- If you meet all of the specifications and are interested, click “submit your resume/CV” and follow the instructions provided.
- To submit your resume you must need to access your online account.
- When someone contacts you the process will carry on to the next step, which may include a phone interview, a face-to-face interview, or other testing.
To work at the bottom as a sales associate you must be at least 16 years old. Other positions might require higher age minimums or education requirements, such as a high school diploma or college degree, that will affect age parameters.
Benefits And Bonuses:
There are a number of perks you will receive by working with this company, the most obvious being regular compensation that could be hourly or salaried. Certain positions that are full time also offer packages that include medical coverage and investment options. You will also benefit from product and merchandise discounts. The most valuable asset you will receive is the ability to receive industry and company specific training that will assist you in later employment, whether you move up within your own store or take your education to new careers.