Nike is an American company that acts as a designer, developer, marketer, and retailer of shoes, athletic apparel, accessories, and equipment. It is a Fortune 500 company that has stationed its headquarters in Oregon. It is a multinational corporation and one of the largest and most successful businesses of its type in the world. The company employs more than forty thousand people and operates factories, retail locations, and corporate offices. The company is also involved in the sponsorship of professional and collegiate sports teams. It was founded in the 1960s and was named after the Greek goddess of victory, although the corporation initially was founded under a different name.
Applying For Work:
Have you ever thought about working for a company like Nike? If you enjoy athletic apparel, have experience working in retail, sales, marketing, or other elements of design and distribution, you may want to consider submitting an application.
- Start your job search by going to main site mentioned below the page. You will see that this takes you to the retail site, which has information about products, services, and merchandise. At the bottom of the page, click on the link that says “Nike Inc.”
- This takes you to the corporate home page. Select the link near the top of the screen that says “Careers.”
- You can find a substantial amount of information on the career site, including details on benefits, internships, and a variety of career areas. Educate yourself on whatever topics interest you and then click on the link to search for available positions.
- Start your search by selecting the region of the world that identifies your exact location, Greater China or the U.S., Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Enter search criteria by specifying any keywords you wish to include along with a job category, location information, and a job group. Your results will appear on the next page, where you can either see all positions or look at the most recent postings.
- Click on any positions that match what you would like to do for a career. Read over the main tasks and requirements to see if the job would be a good fit for you. If you would like to continue, click “Apply Now.”
- Review the details and reread the description on the next page and then hit the APPLY button. Accept the terms and conditions of the company. To continue from this point you will need to either log in or register. Once you have created your profile you can enter in all your credentials and submit your application for review.
For most positions, and all of those at corporate, you will need to be over eighteen. For positions in stores that sell Nike products, you may be able to apply as a minor. Make sure that you can provide proof of your ability to work in your country.
Opening and closing times will depend on the type of retailer (a factory store or authorized vendor) and other factors. Use the online store search tool to locate retailers in your area and find store-specific schedules.
Someone will get in touch with you if you are a qualified applicant. You may have to participate in an interview or two or participate in other testing before you are offered a position.