On the Border Mexican Grill and Cantina is a chain of restaurants featuring southwestern, or “Tex-Mex” food and drink. Menu items include appetizers, soups and salads, tacos, fajitas, enchiladas, burritos, chimichangas, breakfast items, and dessert options. There is also a full bar offering guests their choice from a number of margaritas, beers, wines, and non-alcoholic beverages. The chain was founded in the early 1980s and has expanded to include over one hundred and fifty locations in the United States. Additionally there are restaurants overseas in the Middle East – specifically, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Dubai. A few are also scattered elsewhere, such as South Korea and Puerto Rico. The company has had a number of different owners over its existence and has gone from being privately owned to being a part of a few different restaurant-owning conglomerates.
Applying For Work:
Have you ever thought about working in a restaurant? What about a Mexican restaurant? If you like tacos and burritos, have experience working as a part of a food service team, or want to become a part of a successful, international chain, you can find what you are looking for by submitting an application online.
- Go to main site by mentioned link. At the bottom of the screen there is a link in very small font that says “Employment.” Click it now.
- You will see that there are three main categories of work – corporate jobs, management jobs, and opportunities working as an hourly employee.
- For hourly positions, you usually need to visit the location in person to apply. You can either receive an application from a staff member at the restaurant or download and print out the application to complete before seeing a manager in person. For select locations you will be able to fill out an electronic application by clicking the link provided.
- For management positions, follow the link to apply online. Look over your options on the next page, which will be listed with the job title, requisition number, location information, and the date it was posted all on display. Click on any positions that interest you.
- Read over the description to ensure that you can meet all the requirements and can fulfill the job duties. If you feel the position would be a good fit for you, select the link to apply online. On the next page you will need to log in or create an account before continuing. Follow the onscreen instructions to register with ontheborder.com and complete your application.
- For support center jobs, go through a similar process by clicking the link on the career home page to see available positions. Once you have submitted your details, wait for a representative from the company to contact you. If they think you are an eligible candidate they may ask to conduct one or more interviews with you before making a decision regarding your employment.
This restaurant chain does hire minors, however applicants under the age of eighteen are only eligible for certain positions. Check the description on the website to make sure you meet the age limitations and call a location and ask to speak with a manager if you have questions.
Opening and closing times may vary slightly from location to location. Use the online store finder to get contact information for restaurants in your area, then call the number listed to find out about individual schedules.
Official Site: www.ontheborder.com
Store Locator: www.ontheborder.com/location-search.aspx
Apply Now: www.ontheborder.com/employment.aspx