Panda Express started as The Panda Inn back in the 1970s. The owner and his father came over from China and had a vision of sharing their cuisine with the American public. They created a concept that would allow tasty food from Chinese provinces to be served hot but at a quick pace. This, they thought, would be the best way to attract customers. The first restaurants were opened in California and then moved throughout the west. By the 1990s the company had expanded to over 100 stores and evolved to include both free-standing and college campus locations. Today there are over 1,500 locations in all by 5 U.S. states, and the company has even gone international with a restaurant opening in Mexico.
Hours will vary based on location. Use the store locator online by this link to find a restaurant you would like to visit and know its schedule. Typical hours of operation look like this:
- Monday – Thursday 10:30am to 9:30pm
- Friday 10:30am to 10:00pm
- Saturday 11:00am to 10:00pm
- Sunday 11:00am to 9:00pm.
How to Apply for a Job?
If you want to check out career options and get the process started, you can do so online. The company is always looking for dedicated and motivated individuals to add to the team.
- Go to official site and then “Careers,” or click.
- You can search for restaurant jobs, corporate jobs, or learn more about the options available to you.
- For restaurant jobs, enter your country, language, and desired job type. You can choose from:
- On the next page enter any keywords to help narrow your search results.
- For corporate jobs, type in any keywords, the job field, and your location.
- Once the matches for your search appear, click on any available positions to view the description, responsibilities, and qualifications. If the job seems like a good fit, click to apply to the job.
- On the next page read the agreement and if you understand it and are on board, click “I Accept.”
- To continue you will need to create a username and password or log in to your account. This will allow you to access the site necessary for completing your application. Once you have filled out all your information you can submit your final work.
Someone will be in touch with your once your application is processed if the management likes your qualifications and thinks you will be a good fit. The process might not end there – you may have to complete an interview or two before you are an official team member.
You must have completed at least some high school in order to meet the qualifications for the most basic service jobs. This will necessitate that you be about 16 years of age or older.
Benefits And Compensation:
Compensation packages vary on the position you have within the company but are competitive and attractive even at the most basic levels. They could include some or all of the following:
- Regular compensation (salaried or hourly)
- Bonus opportunities
- Free and discounted meals
- Health care options
- Investment opportunities like 401k
- Paid time off
- Training and advancement opportunities
Whether you start at the bottom of the chain of command or you enter in at a corporate position, there is always room for growth. You will learn a lot and become well educated and trained on all aspects of the food service industry. Your acquired skills will allow you to succeed in all your future ventures and endeavors and move up the ranks!
- Store Locator: pandaexpress.com/locations#!/current-locations/location682
- Apply Now: www.pandacareers.com