Piggly Wiggly was founded way back in the early 1900s and introduced a novel concept to shoppers and retailers alike – the opportunity for people to serve themselves. This “self-serve” idea had been previously unheard of when it came to grocery stores, but the founder of this company saw that the old way was wasting a lot of time. The company grew quickly through franchising and this new approach to purchasing caught on. This company claims firsts in many other categories as well, including checkouts and storewide uniforms. Today there are roughly 600 stores throughout the south east and some northern states – 17 in total. They are all independently operated, franchised through the headquarters in New Hampshire.
Read More: How to Apply For job At Piggle Wiggly
Hours Of Operation:
Because stores are owned independently the hours will vary based on the unit. For specifics on the location nearest you, use the online store finder link mentioned below. This way you can see contact details and call for accurate information.
You must be of legal age to work and be able to prove your ability to work in order to be hired by a store. You cannot be under 14 years of age, and some positions may have more strict requirements. Inquire with a manager if you have questions or concerns.
How To Apply For A Job?
Employers are always looking for bright and talented individuals to join the team and contribute to a purpose greater than them. Unfortunately you can’t submit an application online because the stores are operated independently. However, here are a few tips to get started.
- Go to the store locater link indicated above. Click on the state where you live, or where you are looking to work, if they are not the same.
- Here you can see each location and get the address as well as phone number. You may also see a website listed if the store has its own site.
- If there is a web address associated with your desired location, click there to follow through with career options. There should be a jobs or employment tab on the linked page where you can either apply online or acquire more info.
- If there is no website, write down the web address or give the number a call. Visit the store or call the number and ask to speak with a manager. He or she should be able to give you details about how to take the next steps with the employment process.
Read More: Learn Job Interview Tips To Job Here
All employees will be compensated regularly for their work with the company. This compensation may come based on hours work or on a predetermined salary. Depending on your role in its chain of command you may also be eligible for additional benefits. For example, all team members will most likely receive product and merchandise discounts. Most importantly, however, is the opportunity to grow and learn within the company family. If you pay attention, educate yourself and train hard, you may be up for promotion and advancement within the industry ranks.
- Official Site: www.pigglywiggly.com/
- Store Locator: www.pigglywiggly.com/store-locations
- PDF: Adobe PDF