Publix was founded in 1930 and today is the largest employee-owned chain of supermarkets in the country. It is also growing faster than any other similar type of chain. It was founded in Florida by George W. Jenkins and today there are over 1,000 stores in 5 different southern states. All of the distribution centers and manufacturing facilities are located in Florida and Georgia. The company is passionate about diversity and inclusion as well as community involvement. Diversity includes everything from physical characteristics to the creative and unique perspectives that each employee brings. Staff members are involved in programs that strive to make a difference and give back to others.
Hours Of Operation:
Most stores are open every day from 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM, with exceptions on holidays. Your working hours would be within these ranges.
Applying For Publix:
If you have been a shopper at here and now would like to be an employee, if you are looking to get into the industry for good, or you are simply exploring a new career, go to official site to see more. From here you can click on the CAREERS tab, or you can visit the page directly at link mentioned below. Here you will be able to search for jobs that interest you.
- Store (non-management)
- Store management
- Information Technology
On the website you can click on one of the job categories to search within your chosen field.
Benefits For Employees:
- Stock options
- Holiday and quarterly bonuses
- Paid weekly
- 401k retirement plans
- Health plans that include dental and vision
- Direct deposit and credit union options
- Reimbursement for tuition
- Awards and assistance programs
- Opportunity for advancement
- Training opportunities
How To Apply For A Job – Offline?
You must apply in person if you are seeking a position in a store that is non-management. Examples of jobs include:
- Cake decorator
- Meat cutter
- Baking, cake decorator, or meat cutter trainee
- Baker associate
- Cleaning and sanitation
- Deli associate
- Floral associate
- Meat/seafood associate
- Produce associate
- Stocking associate
- To apply for a job, find the nearest location to you using the online store finder.
- Write down the addresses of a couple stores that are within travelling distance to you.
- Go visit these locations and ask to speak to a manager at each one.
- The manager can tell you how to apply for the job and give you an application to fill out. He or she might also interview you. You will be notified if you received the job after your application has been processed.
If you want a job in management you will have to take a lower level job first and be promoted from within after 6 months. For other areas of interest, such as the pharmacy, you should also ask a manager at a store near you.
For some positions you only need to be 14 to work, for others you must be 16, and for some, such as to be a baker or cake decorator, you must be 18.
After You Submit Your Publix Application:
You will have fun working at this place, learning more about the business, and gaining skills and knowledge that will serve you for the rest of your life! Meet new people, train in a new skillet, hone your customer service skills, and more. Plus you will get a chance to move up in the company after you have been there for a while and shown your company loyalty.