Rack Room Shoes is a footwear specialty retailer based out of North Carolina. The company offers products for men, women, and children in a variety of styles, including sandals, boots, flats, high heels, athletic shoes, work shoes, and sneakers. The parent corporation also owns another footwear company called Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse. Together there are over four hundred locations in more than thirty states in America. Selections are high quality and come in a number of exclusive and nationally recognized brands. The company’s roots date back to the 1920s by a man who eventually sold it to his son-in-law. In the 1980s it was purchased by a privately held corporation based out of Germany.
Applying For A Job:
Have you ever worked in retail before? Do you enjoy passion and in particular, shoes? Could you see yourself working for a widespread American company that offers employees a range of opportunities? If your answer to any of these questions is yes, head online to learn more.
- Go to main site at mentioned at the end of the page to begin the process. Notice that the online site serves as an ecommerce venue for customers who can’t visit a store. At the bottom of the page is a link marked “Careers.” Click this link now.
- Skim the information about employment opportunities on the career home page. Then, start your search by selecting your state from the drop down menu below the introduction.
- Positions that are available in the selected state will appear on the next page. The job title and location will be listed with each posting. Click on any titles that appeal to you to read more.
- Read over the job duties and qualifications to make sure that the position would be a good fit for you. If you feel that you can fulfill the responsibilities and meet the job requirements, click the blue button to apply for the job.
- Fill out all the information asked of you, including contact details and current employment and education information. You will also have an opportunity to paste your resume onto the application.
- When you are done, hit the button to apply. Your credentials will be submitted to the company for review. If you are a qualified candidate someone will get in touch with you. You may have to participate in one or more interviews before you are hired.
If you don’t hear from a representative of the company right away, don’t worry! Sometimes it can take a while to sort through all of the applicant’s information. Be patient and good luck!
Each position comes with a unique set of requirements, some of which include restrictions on age. If you are applying for a job that hires people under the age of eighteen and you are a minor, make sure you can provide legal proof of your ability to work in the United States. Other restrictions you may see tied to certain positions are preferences in regards to education level, experience level, or degree type.
Store Operating Hours:
Each location may have a slightly different operating schedule that will depend on a number of factors. Go online and use the store locator to find retailers near you and find specific information, including opening and closing times. Most stores are open roughly from 10 AM to 9 PM Monday through Saturday and 11 AM to 6 PM on Sunday.